What band do you love but hate the singer???

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Don't know why, but I was humming Cinderella's SHELTER ME today and it really made me realize how much I loved that band but how ridiculous Tom Keifer's voice was...it's as though he is trying to sound gravelly, etc., but comes off like a little girl...WHO ELSE do y'all think are some great bands with shitty singers?!?!?

I can't say I even love Dream Theater's music - but I do like some of their less dull, wankery stuff.
However, LaBrie ruins it all.

Same with Fates Warning. Alder's screeching is painful. How do you go from the class of John Arch to this? Still makes no sense to me.

Napalm Death's great to listen to for thrash metal, but Greenway's a fraud. He sounds like he has emphezema live. He's awful without an engineer.

Not that I worship them, but I am talking about a decent band.
The band is called Destillery, which is cursed by a deaf singer, who can't hit the note right to save his life, he's always sharp or flat. Not to mention he does his best to impersonate Dickinson and that sounds godawful...

The other that comes to my mind would be Hammerfall, which IMO look plain silly with that singer "graced" with the thin girly voice and some kind of warrior image and attitude in songs. :) Their music is okay, but for god's sake - ditch that mr. no-balls...

I think there are alot of Gene Simmons led KISS songs that would sound a HEAP better if Paul Stanley was singing... particularly on the non-makeup albums.

Well, there is a LOT of Black Metal bands that have superb music, but the vocals ruin the whole thing for me, just can't stand growling vocals of it.... I really can't stand screaming vocals a la Cradle of Filth, though I know their music is pretty good... Like Hawk let me listen to some Arch Enemy...great music but the vocals just kill it for me...Maybe I need to get into that AE album a bit, but I tried and tried many of those bands, just doesn't work for me...

I dont really pay that much attention to the vocals, i just like the music. The reason i dont like axel rose is cuz he fucked up a good band. N i dont like the korn singer cuz he is tapped in the head

Trixxi Trash said:
I think there are alot of Gene Simmons led KISS songs that would sound a HEAP better if Paul Stanley was singing... particularly on the non-makeup albums.

Like what for instance? There's no way that "War Machine" or "God of Thunder" would sound BETTER with Paul singing............

I could not stand Cradle of Filth... but Dani really toned it down on Nymphetamine... boy what a killer album! The rest of the albums are good... but the vocals :ill:

Arch Enemy
Mercyful Fate
Grave Digger
Accept
Nevermore

I'll probably like them all if they got rid of their vocalists.

ZoMb!M@N said:
BLASPHEMY!!!!!! o_O

I like Dream Theater and Blind Guardian and you don't see me complaining about the others' opinion.

One person blasphemy is another person religion and viceversa.

If I don't like the singer's voice it makes no difference to me how
good the music is I just won't listen. Arch Enemy is a good example!

Wyvern said:
Arch Enemy
Mercyful Fate
Grave Digger
Accept
Nevermore

I'll probably like them all if they got rid of their vocalists.

I'm with ya :cool: most of the way :D

Force Of Evil is quite refreshing for me since no King Diamond :saint:
Still dig Accept no matter UDO's voice it's kinda fits (don't listen that often though)

Luv old Sabbath but don't like Ozzy's voice(DIO DIO :worship: )

-Torben-

ALso, not nessecarilly old school, but Alexei in COB fucking sucks with vocals. That band needs a death grunter bad.