What CDs are dominating your player?

spaffe said:
what's that like compared to the codex necro? btw they're recording a new album just about now
indeed?

just been playing codex necro
new nuerosis
new crowpath- excellent stuff
mistress II
pink floyd - momentary lapse of reason
voi-vod phobos while walking the dog
and some white zombie in the car but the tape decks fucked

spaffe said:
what's that like compared to the codex necro? btw they're recording a new album just about now
Its very good. The prouction is slightly less raw, still very fitting. Atilla Cishar and Seth Teitan 131 (Aborym) make apperances. The songs are very brutal overall, not that anyone should expect less from them. The vocals seem slightly chaotic at times than on The Codex Necro. Atilla's vocals on the song "Atavism" are chilling at times; with multi layered vocals and great riffs from Irrumator . The title track I have dubbed as a Necro Epic. As the album ends it trully feels like the apocalypse. Cant wait for the new one.

BORED.

Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine
Fear Factory - Demanufacture
30 Seconds to Mars - s/t
Sacred Reich - Heal

Watain - Casus Luciferi
Sargeist - Satanic Black Devotion
Tenhi - Kauan
Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja
Bathory - Hammerheart
Henryk Górecki - Symphony No. 3 Op. 36
Franz Schubert - Symphony No. 8 in B minor, D 759 "Unfinished"

NAD said:
Finntroll - Nattfödd (this shit rules)
Thee Maldoror Kollective - New Era Viral Order
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye
Swans - The Great Annihilator

Kayo Dot and Swans have not left regular rotation for over 3 months and Drudkh is likely to do the same, these are works of complete genius.
That Kayo Dot is simply astounding, yesterday I was listening to Manifold Curiousity, I was very relaxed and then the blastbeat kicked in towards the in, and then the blastbeat kicked in and MAN, I was shaking. Such an intense ending.

Oh yeah, those last 5 minutes of the Manifold Curiosity is one of the finest musical moments I've ever heard. Choirs of the Eye is the only album from 2003 I'd give a 10/10 to, and I looooooooved a lot of stuff last year.

Indeed it is, the Clarinet lines in Manifold Curiousity give it a 10/10 alone.

Back to Topic:

Radiohead - Kid A
Krieg - Destruction Ritual
Kraftwerk - Computer World (7$ CND, interesting)
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Nargaroth - Gelbeitre Des Regens

If I call Kid A the best Radiohead again I'll start another riot. That's all I can say on the matter, legally.

I know I've probably said this before, but that ultraviolent closing section in Manifold is pure genius, light-dark dynamics taken to its last remaining extreme...it shames just about every band that uses ear-bleeding heaviness as a selling point.