What do women want?

Originally posted by Slash Freeman
Dreamwatch: one of my friends told me that she thought maybe Laura and me get on *too* well, which is why she only wants to stay friends. if it doesn't work out it might spoil our friendship.......

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Erm, this isn't aimed at you Slash, more Laura's friend, but that is one of the biggest piles of bullshit I think I have ever heard. You cannot get on with a person "too well". Those that say "well, we are excellent friends but I don't want to spoil our friendship" are saying "Your a nice bloke but I don't fancy you". For a relationship to be successful you have to be best friends with your other half. If you are best friends and you fancy each other, then your relationship already has the best foundations for success. If you don't fancy each other then friendship is where it should remain.

And remember, this is not coming from someone who dated in the 50's! I'm not much older than you, and I remember very vividly the way teenagers carry on when it comes to "boyfriend/girlfriend" stuff.

I'm sorry if that seems a little harsh Slash, but the fact is that you seem like a really nice guy and no matter how great a person this girl is you have to allow yourself to look beyond her for a relationship. If only because you deserve it. Good luck fella. :)

Actually, Dreamwatch, it was one of my friends who was just interpreting what i'd told her, so the chances are that it was just the way i was telling it. but i'm not convinced by what Laura said to me, that she just wants to be friends. i'll accept that i'm probably just making excuses not to deal with this here and now, but there are things that have been happening. okay so some of them are probably a little trivial, but i don't think all of them are. were talking on Friday (for the first time since i told her) and there was the spark. i know there was. plus she seemed really happy but before hand she looked a wee bit down, like she did on Thursday and today. i don't know whats wrong with her, or maybe it's just 'cos of the situation we're in, but i know she's not too happy. right now. :cry:

but maybe i'll be able to fix that the next time i get to talk to her, because theres this cartoon (called David The Gnome) that she remembers but no one else does. i've just found out that it really did exist and the internet is the proof! so hopefully that will cheer her up.