What do you do for a living?

bust.gif

I'm hoping to enter the new year as a product manager at the global transaction services unit for a multinational bank. (fingers crossed)
I'm officially still a part-time postgraduate student, getting my masters degree in Management and International Business next summer hopefully.
In the coming year I'm also hoping to record an album and do some gigs with my new band.

I currently work a day job in an optical lab matching up frames to patients' orders. I also have to call the different eye doctors' offices when they fuck up and send the wrong frames. I file the invoices at the end of my shift (zzzzzzzz). Three nights a week, I teach guitar lessons. I have about fifteen students and I get paid under the table, which is nice. I just finished my Bachelor of Music in Music Education back in May; and I'm saving money to get my master's; hopefully in musicology, music history or ethnomusicology. Possibly one day, I'll go for my doctorate.

korsfarer said:
what kinds of math do you work with?
I did some quadratic programming (optimisation models), stochastic processes (non-Gaussian distributions, heavy tails, self-similarity, limit theorems for stochastic processes), combinatorics and right now I'm working in linear algebra (3-way arrays, decomposition into rank-1 arrays, 3-way rank).

Alwin said:
I did some quadratic programming (optimisation models), stochastic processes (non-Gaussian distributions, heavy tails, self-similarity, limit theorems for stochastic processes), combinatorics and right now I'm working in linear algebra (3-way arrays, decomposition into rank-1 arrays, 3-way rank).

:p you don't have to go technical on us... we know words from the end of the dictionary, too... :loco:
check this out: "pink noise", "deinterleaver", "maleficent", "synergism" :hotjump:

just jokin' ;)

some fancy jobs here.. I dont know what I want to do. Im applying to University at the moment to do English Literature and History.. God knows where that will get me but Im contemplating a conversion year and doing law.

@mbrosia said:
:p you don't have to go technical on us... we know words from the end of the dictionary, too... :loco:
check this out: "pink noise", "deinterleaver", "maleficent", "synergism" :hotjump:

just jokin' ;)
was I replying to you?

Christ Alwin that was a bit bitchy.. Wind yer neck in they were joking.

yeah but I dont really want a reall clear plan at least if I dont know what I want to do exactly I cant really fail.

Some time ago I realized I'll only finish studies if I do it for myself. Yeah I know, I'm sooo smart. Doing something to achieve a specific goal has never been my way of dealing with the future. I suppose I'll enter the wonderland of business or disappointed unemployment soon enough.