What Do You Get The Boyfriend for His 21st?

yeah, I agree MetalHead87, marriage is also a lot about the couple and their responsibilities and commitment towards each other, not ONLY religion...
I do agree.
Some people say that when you're married to someone, you'll put more effort, understanding, comprimise, and devotion into the relationship than what you'll put into a "bf gf" situation, no matter how long the relationship is.
I don't know if I agree with that statement 100% but I definitely see where it comes from.

yeah, I agree MetalHead87, marriage is also a lot about the couple and their responsibilities and commitment towards each other, not ONLY religion...
I do agree.
Some people say that when you're married to someone, you'll put more effort, understanding, comprimise, and devotion into the relationship than what you'll put into a "bf gf" situation, no matter how long the relationship is.
I don't know if I agree with that statement 100% but I definitely see where it comes from.
Maybe because there's more of a permanent feeling in marriage. If you are in a situation where you don't really have too many options, you will be forced to treat it in a more mature manner.
Even though you could always get divorced, the whole process could last for a few years. Aside from all the money you'd have to pay to lawyers, alimony and child support, you'll also waste your own personal time (which I find to be far more valuable than money is).
It's kind of how the joke goes. The partner in the law firm said "I can't wait till I get higher profit share, so I can afford to file for divorce".

A boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is great. I know quite a few people that have had long term relationships, and were very happy with it (one of my cousins had his girlfriend living with him for 20 years, before they got married. Then they got divorced a few years later). But it doesn't have that permanency that forces you to treat it in a more serious manner. That's not really a flaw of the relationship though, that's more about human nature.

Sometimes the girl wants a big fancy party and to be the center of attention for the day and wear the pretty dress and sometimes you love her enough to go through with it.

words words words.

All concepts are bullshit. We get it.

To be fair, this was always gonna be how it turned out.

People are entitled to their opinions on sex, and if the reasons have some integrity, nobody can really comment. It has always seen bizarre to me that when people think of sex, they think everyone should conform to how they conceptualise it and how they do it.

As for the present, something personal always works better. I'd rather have something that cost little and means alot than vice versa. My last girlfriend bought me the special edition DVD of a movie we went to see and hated, then pretended she was busy on my birthday and suggested I watch the DVD. She showed up and we watched it together, hating it more than the first time. If you can think of anything like that, it's always - to me at least - alot more fun than something fancy but somewhat devoid of a personal touch or feeling.

itll come to a big shock to you when you get married that your first time won't be amazing

I've come to terms that it probably won't. But I'm not focused on that *zomgmyfirstsexytimesuxxxz*.

this thread is making me lol.

poor Emily ... hehehe

:lol:

Yeah, really. Talk about the WRONG forum to ask this in.

Nah, I knew it was going to happen. I just figured that maybe 1-2% would be a little helpful and the other 98-99% would be entertaining. :)

I'm wondering whether she’ll even bother to revisit this place.

Nah, I like you guys too much. And I'll probably have to deal with a bunch of you come concert time anyway. I've been going back and forth between parents' home and my apartment, so not really any time to sit and post. Been readin' them all, though.

Well sex is kinda out of the question. I'm old fashioned and keep that kind of thing for marriage...

He loves metal, got me into it. Loves antique, well-made stuff, cowboy stuffs. But I'd like to get him something more unique for his 21st. I've gotten him cd's, belt buckles, tools, etc before and I'm stumped on a creative take for a gift.

just cook him a nice dinner (first caesar salad, then a nice filet mignon with a rosemary ginger rub and some grilled asparagus, finish that off with a shot of Sambuca then propose to him on one knee, yes girls can do this too....and then if he wants some sex he'll have the ring already...hehe

just cook him a nice dinner (first caesar salad, then a nice filet mignon with a rosemary ginger rub and some grilled asparagus, finish that off with a shot of Sambuca then propose to him on one knee, yes girls can do this too....and then if he wants some sex he'll have the ring already...hehe

I like it when you give me the rosemary ginger rub........OF LOVE.

It'll come as a shock when it's your honeymoon and supposed to be the most romantic night ever, but it isn't because you're too busy being in PAIN.

Again, I don't care too much about it being all romantic and such.

Sentient 6 said:

A good idea, my dear. I'll look into something a little less difficult if I do decided to cook him something, unless you have a recipe.