What do you guys use for downloading songs?

Austin7

Third Eye Guy
Jan 13, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
I used to use Kazaa, and loved it, but I accidentally uninstalled it. I spent a few days in hell trying to get it and my 200 mp3's that went along with it back, but to no adu. I went to their site to redownload it, but it says due to a Dutch court decision, they are suspended. AAAHHH! What do you use?

Originally posted by Austin7
I used to use Kazaa, and loved it, but I accidentally uninstalled it. I spent a few days in hell trying to get it and my 200 mp3's that went along with it back, but to no adu.
Uninstalling it wiped out your mp3s...? That shouldn't happen, unless you mean "deleted" instead of "uninstalled".

And www.audiogalaxy.com appears to be the best through my experiences.

I have used Morpheus, but I think it is uses the same search as Kazaa - they were both rather disappointing in trying to get the more underground stuff.

Bearshare was a bit better, but I still couldn't find what I wanted.

WinMX is better than the afforementioned, but it can have a whole range of probs, and I don't think it allows you to resume partial downloads.

I really want to use Audiogalaxy, as I used it on my bro's poota, and I found Necrophorus and other hard-to-find bands almost instantly.
I have been trying at various times of day over the last 2-3 weeks to start an account with them, but every time, it says 'attempting to connect to server' for about 1 sec, then goes straight in to timeout countdown of 90 secs, and ALWAYS times out "The server is not accepting new accounts at this point, please try again in a few minutes" :mad:

Does anyone know what this means? Am I shooting myself in the foot by not subscribing to one of their webzines they advertise during the info input bit? Or are they just REALLY busy?

Audiogalaxy is bundled with Spyware though. I hate that shit.