What do you see as a 'disgrace' to metal music? Why?

I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of the more heavier side of black or death metal [ie shit heavier than death or bathory], and I'm not a big fan of the nu metal and prog metal shifts. As well as grindcore and metalcore, so its hard for me to find albums post 1994 that I enjoy too. Maybe my tastes will change, but I've tried too before and they haven't yet.

View attachment 14228

I'd like to hear HBB's opinion (and CIG's if he hasn't heard it) on this 2006 album.

Actually I remember liking both their albums a lot when I first discovered them, probably through this forum, but I forgot all about them. I seem to recall that they had riffs. Need to refresh my memory on them though.

EDIT: Yeah 30 seconds is all I needed to remember that this was exactly the kind of black metal I'm fine with. Reminds me more of the kvlt prog metal band Spectral Incursion than anything from Norway.

EDIT #2: Actually it was because of Occultation that I discovered them, but Negative Plane seemed neater

Last edited:
Actually I remember liking both their albums a lot when I first discovered them, probably through this forum, but I forgot all about them. I seem to recall that they had riffs. Need to refresh my memory on them though.

EDIT: Yeah 30 seconds is all I needed to remember that this was exactly the kind of black metal I'm fine with. Reminds me more of the kvlt prog metal band Spectral Incursion than anything from Norway.

EDIT #2: Actually it was because of Occultation that I discovered them, but Negative Plane seemed neater

I figured that you'd like Negative Plane. They're actually touring with Malokarpatan in the United States soon, but only in the Northeast.

This band has an album coming out this year:

Reactions: CiG