What do you see as a 'disgrace' to metal music? Why?

"Took the bait". :lol: Whatever you say. I'll let you believe it. I'll allow it. *pats head*

And "in-crowd" doesn't exist because it's basically a concept birthed from butthurt. There's no factual basis to it; and the only people that give it any stock and not mock it, are HBB, and the roughly two or three of you who actually still enjoy bands like KSE, Devildriver, and Trivium.

There is more setting this fictional "in-crowd" apart from one another, tastes-wise, than there is setting the small handful of you guys apart.

In short, you fell for lies. Your brain took the bait, and you lose for it.

Inb4 "b-b-but muh Manilla Road/The Chasm".

I think you're just mad that you're not an in-crowder. You should actually be happy, my little garden gnome.

i really hate the cliches that go with heavy metal like doing drugs and drink tons of alcohol. I think that doesn't have anything to do with the music itself..maybe it's a lifestlyle lived by some bands but I don't think that it's the point about the music.

don't know if it was related to the thread is that supposed to be related to particular bands?

As much as people might not expect this opinion from me, what I would see as a disgrace to metal is a lack of experimental bands pushing the boundaries of the genre.

Interesting post. Which bands have experimented and pushed the boundaries of the genre? Do you think the lack of experimentation is due to fear of backlash from the metal community?

Interesting post. Which bands have experimented and pushed the boundaries of the genre? Do you think the lack of experimentation is due to fear of backlash from the metal community?

part of the problem is certainly an us vs. them mentality entrenched in hardcore metal fans regarding bands with no real understanding of/passion for metal who sprinkle superficial elements of metal onto non-metal genres. metalheads love to assert their metalness and their disdain for these bands by liking bands that are as archetypically metal as possible.

No, actually you should be kissing Matt Heafy's ass because he introduced you to good music. Besides, it's not like you hate touching kissing ass or anything so you'd probably enjoy it.

Matt Heafy didn't introduce me to any bands, and I assume that the majority of people here have the same experience.

Yeah, I don’t know a whole lot of people who liked Trivium and then went on to classic material. I was in high school when they were huge.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
bet you, omni, phyl and other incrowders don’t like that either

I'm not in-crowd.

you hate everything that sounds new, and only like new things if they sound old with shit production!

Not true at all. Production for me is contextual, I wouldn't want A Blaze in the Northern Sky's production on Infrared Horizon and vice-versa.

the in-crowd is the disgrace to metal, luckily new genres and new fans are keeping it alive!

Indeed, like you and your fellow Babymetal fans. Thank the Gods you exist so that metal music doesn't disappear.

Reactions: arg