What do you Sneapsters do as day jobs?

I'm the commercial sales manager for a regional Internet Service Provider. I mostly work directly with customers, negotiate contracts, work on marketing materials, and help out with service development.

I've been working for ISPs since I graduated from college (1997) which practically makes me an old man in this industry :)

Paralegal at Prosecutor's Office in New Jersey, homicide squad. I deal with three of the most violent cities in NJ, weeeee!

I help relocate witnesses and victims of violent crimes. I also write warrants for the surrounding local and some Federal police departments to search cellphones, email accounts, social networking sites.

Next step is either another boring office job or applying to be a deputy US Marshal. Gonna be interning at a recording studio in NJ very soon.

-Joe

damn there are alot of people from nj on this forum. I live in Hunterdon County so i dont really have to worry about crime. Any time I have been to Newark or (do i say it), Camden, I just piss myself and keep pissing until i leave the area. Those are some scary ass places

I'm a medical transcriptionist. I sit on my ass and type all day. It can be pretty boring, but it beats working in a call center doing relay for deaf people, which was my previous job. I also get to work from home, which means is good since I'm hammered about 80% of the time :kickass:

well from what most sneapsters claim is that you can learn alot more by trial and error and using the giant pool of knowledge that this site provides than spending 16-100 grand on school. Correct me if im wrong but this is what i have heard on this forum

1) live in a welfare state
2) don't need to pay for education
3) ????
4) profit!

I'm a full time music technology student, I do some random work every once in a while, but I don't have a day job. BTW, instead of paying for attending schools like mine, the tests to get accepted are pretty difficult and in most cases you have to be very good to get in. It's more like you need the giant pool of knowledge that you can get from e.g. this forum to get accepted to a school here.

I work as a ship electrician .. I'm stationed onshore after I got tired of working offshore.. I get too homesick :p Going back to school in the fall to get a automation engineer's degree..
ampsim/plugindevelopment/mixing etc when I get home from work :p

I go to university, studying high school teaching. Majoring in Ancient History and minoring in Sociology.

I work at a clothing shop during the Christmas holidays for some extra coin.

damn there are alot of people from nj on this forum. I live in Hunterdon County so i dont really have to worry about crime. Any time I have been to Newark or (do i say it), Camden, I just piss myself and keep pissing until i leave the area. Those are some scary ass places

Haha, I work in Newark...just got here actually. Ugh, awesome morning.

Camden is actually the murder capital of the country. Irvington, which is right next to Newark, would have beat it but didn't have the minimum population to be included in the study.

:zombie:

-Joe

which company would that be? =D And how did you get that job? I really need to start thinking about a career and since Audio Engineering School is a giant "waste" i want to find a career still involved with music and recording

I actually work for FXpansion Audio. But when I post here, I'm just a regular person. I'm really into metal, and electronic music, and loads of stuff really... and yes... I can sometimes be a bit of an arsehole :lol:

If you're looking for advice... well..

I did a BA in Sonic Arts, and came out with no real clue what I was going to due. I got my job at FX through sheer luck and bloody-mindedness. Before that, I was working in a pub - and it sucked. :puke:

If you want my advice; do something that proves you can do what you say you can do. Record music, record albums... ship it around to various companies with a CV. Make some friends at some music related businesses, make contacts... land an internship... eat beans and toast for a few months whilst you're incredibly poor... and hope they take you on full time.

:headbang:

That explains the BFD and Guru love! :lol:

That's cool Drew.

I also really love Superior 2.0 and Metal Foundry; and I've bought all their midi packs too, coz they have some great stuff. Platinum Samples gets the most use in my stuff though; simply because the Evil Joe Barresi pack is pretty much the best drum sound you can get from software - imo.

I don't much like the Slate stuff though... bit too LA stadium rock sounding for my tastes.

Guru = win. Naturally. :lol: