What do you Sneapsters do as day jobs?

Im a uni student studying music production
i also work in a retail store 2 days of the week, do freelance graphic design projects in the evenings and record bands on my day off.

busy busy busy.

At the moment I'm a Glazing Technician, but I've landed a better paying position with less responsibility somewhere else, so I'm taking a new job :headbang:

7 done, 3 and a half hours to go...

I'm so fucking tired today and you can very well hear it. Also, took me 3 tries to write something simple down, I must be reminiscent of a zombie.

Work days like that are the horror.

Work at a dermatology clinic doing phone appointments and currently doing a project in which I'm storaging files.

It's. Fucking. BRUTAL.

It's your typical office job, except I ONLY work with middle aged women. The estrogen filled rage throughout the office is a lot to deal with.

I'm also a full time student, getting a music major with teachers certification. Teaching high school doesn't sound too terrible at all.

Think twice about teaching high school - first, you're surrounded by high schoolers (PM me for stories... I can fill pages from *twice a week at one school for one year*), and second, you're going to have a bit of competition (a guy I smoke cigars with has a Master's from Juilliard and, last I checked, installs credit card machines for a living because there aren't enough music jobs), so have a backup plan.

Jeff

No job, full-time student here.

Which means no money. And I'm quite fine with that tbh, as I'm living with my parents so it's no big deal.

And to ghetto-quote JBroll : "Think twice about teaching high school - first, you're surrounded by high schoolers" : I wouldn't want to teach high schoolers over here at least. So many teachers end up having burn-outs, it's sad.

Think twice about teaching high school - first, you're surrounded by high schoolers (PM me for stories... I can fill pages from *twice a week at one school for one year*), and second, you're going to have a bit of competition (a guy I smoke cigars with has a Master's from Juilliard and, last I checked, installs credit card machines for a living because there aren't enough music jobs), so have a backup plan.

Jeff

I'm getting a minor in business. I'll work in a downtown Houston school if I have to :ill:. Honestly, I'm not too worried, I don't know what it's like in SA, but I know Houston is one of the cities least affected by recession/lack of jobs. Plus, I'm not too worried about high school kids, nothing I can't handle.

Yeah, glasswork. I dont do residential glass, though. At the moment I'm mainly doing toughened (not laminated) glass in the Siemens Corp. Combino Trams for metro Melbourne. When I get a day or two away from the trams, I'm usually doing Trains, Buses, or regular windshields in anything on wheels. I've even done a yacht/house-boat which was pretty cool, although a bit intimidating at times hanging off the side, backfilling.
I've heard residential/commercial flat glass is pretty easy from one of the guys at the shop who used to be in that industry for 6 or 7 years.

commercial flat glass is the almost the easiest job to do as long as you can read a level then your set....Ive done a few busses and cars too...a little more work involved but still didnt seem to be too much.

I did mainly injection moulding and video measuring at a company that makes injection moulds. I was assigned also to do purchasing and since I have my training at electronics, I also did some repair jobs at several different machines. Not anymore though, the company went bankrupt and now I'm unemployed. Well, more time to play guitar I guess :Smug: