What do you think of Deliverance?

It caught me off guard when I first listened but then I gave it about 8 spins as an actual album on CD before bed and I really like it. If anything it would be the complete opposite of where they started. The songs are very structured, repetitive and atmospheric but have lost the dual guitar melody and the whole 'progresiveness'.

Aside from all that it has some awesome jazzy mellow stuff on there. Very 'mental' album, it feels as if you're listening to it on more levels than just the musical.

I was more waiting for Damnation than Deliverance so it was kinda a let down (after how fuckin good damnation was, which i heard first....long story) the tracks are great live they lack atmosphere on the record and seem over produced, wreath is one of my least fav opeth songs but for absent friends is one of my favs.

Just like with Opeth in general, first i hated it but then after every listen it just became better and better and now i am addicted to the bone :loco:

Yeah, I was a lurker a few weeks before it came out and it looks like it was my first thread.

I still like Deliverance, my 3rd fav Opeth album.

I think Deliverance is an outstanding album and i think Wreath is one of their best songs. I actually was pissed i wasted $13 on this CD the first time i heard it, then it totally grew on me. I only like Orchid and Morningrise better than this album.