What do you think of Deliverance?

That happens because Opeth haven't played it live. If I were the guys, I would give this song and Wreath a shot next tour. Opinions would drastically change, I can assure you.

Botfly said:
Then I later found respect for Deliverance's atmosphere and the different musical approach

That's what I meant

still the same idea. i erked you because although i like the album, i don't really feel it gives of an atmospheric vibe, ala MAYH. the production is too sterile to let it be so.
burton said:
Am I the only one who thought the topic title was referring to "deliverance" the person? >_>

nope, i thought it was about me too hah

Pseud0 said:
wow you sure have different tastes in opeth's catalogue than most people here. Most think still life is the best (including me).
I like Morningrise a lot, also MAYH and BWP are good. I can't really say what my favorite is because they are all great. I have said in another post that I do not hate any of thier albums. I sometimes point out that SL is one of my least favorites whenever album preferences come up just becasue I know how popular it is around here :Smug: . But I will admit that Moonlapse vertigo is one of my favorite all time songs, that shit owns and it is probably one of my top five favrite Opeth songs. So yeah, SL is still a great album but as an album it does not have as many good songs as the others do.

I still like the whole deconstructed concept of Deliverance and Damnation, in that they represent, in a sense, the two sides of Opeth. A brilliant idea, really. And one that must be unprecedented in music (could be wrong). Still, the project wouldn't have worked if either album could not stand on its own. Clearly, they do.