what have you been doing today?

Well, the last year or so i've been working on this monumental sized mixes of music, with the intention of creating a "rollercoaster" of emotions, IE stringing them together with some fancy editing so they sound "meant to be". Also designed for listening to those times when you can be all alone in the dark, with nothing but music surrounding you. I'm just finishing work on the latest one, which now spans 3 sections, an hour or so each. I must say, it's the most moving thing i've ever heard, in more ways than just being "sad".

Besides that, I've been STUPIDLY busy with schoolwork. Trying to become an eye doctor is not worth the 8 years of painfully difficult schoolwork. :( well... i can't say yet, i'm not done. haha...

EDIT: oops... it says today. Today i am studying neurology, with some specificity to the eye.

A question about a line of poetry: What does the second line mean here? Would someone please paraphrase it for me in everyday English?

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.

my dying groom said:
Hmmm yeah "forgetting the world, forgotten by the world". Mutual forgetfulness.

Oooh, how dumb I am, you see I could invert the words in the second half of the line, and still, I couldn't invert the words in the first half. This is something of a partial vision, when something's so obvious you just don't see it.

What I didn't get about it was this. "The world forgetting" I understood it as the world is forgetting you, so that's why I didn't understand why it's there again in the passive in the second half. Cheers :)

I've been doing shit and nothing. unemployment sucks my mama's cock. I'm just about to explode! even concidered working out. the end is obviously nigh.

First night in weeks that I got more than 3-4 hours of sleep! I think I slept about 7 hours. It gave me a mild headache that persists even now. I have done absolutely nothing today. NOTHING! Except submit one homework assignment and go to the grocery store. And I'm going to do nothing for the rest of the night.

xoxox

I like art myself. Almost majored in it for college. Today I went with one of my friends to see some local soldiers come home from Kuwait in a formal ceremony. Then I practiced my clarinet for 2 hours; then played my violin for a while. I went to a bar and got drunk.:) On a normal (non-weekend) day, I work 8 hours at this optical lab which is my day job; then I teach some guitar lessons at night.