A futuristic movie set in 2046, 30 years after Donald Trump was elected president. America is the most peaceful, prosperous nation on Earth. All the liberals have finally been peacefully converted to conservatism / libertarianism through logic and reasoning. All the hardworking folks who were once poor now have comfortable middle class lives. All the most hopeless and useless poor have been allowed to die off in a dignified manner. There is no racism or sexism. The free market is self-regulating and near-perfect equilibrium has been achieved. Everybody has guns but (almost) nobody needs to use them because there is (almost) no crime.

The Great Wall of Trump, completed 20 years ago, has just been fortified to be even more magnificent. A 2nd Great Wall was erected across the Canadian border 15 years ago because they turned into a shithole thanks to Trudeau and his refugees.

The middle east meanwhile is a war-torn wasteland ruled by ISIS, our troops and drones having been completely pulled out by 2019. The caliphate has been established and sharia law reigns. Western Europe has fallen to them. The US forged an alliance with Russia and the Visegrad countries to keep ISIS at bay.

There is however an uneasy truce between them and us because they have nukes, we have nukes and both our militaries have grown more powerful over time (ours in an "impenetrable defensive" position).... and then shit hits the fan (somebody blows somebody up, we dont know who). Also, a dumbass liberal tries to stir shit up.

Last edited by a moderator:
A futuristic movie set in 2046, 30 years after Donald Trump was elected president. America is the most peaceful, prosperous nation on Earth. All the liberals have finally been peacefully converted to conservatism / libertarianism through logic and reasoning. All the hardworking folks who were once poor now have comfortable middle class lives. All the most hopeless and useless poor have been allowed to die off in a dignified manner. There is no racism or sexism. The free market is self-regulating and near-perfect equilibrium has been achieved. Everybody has guns but (almost) nobody needs to use them because there is (almost) no crime.

The Great Wall of Trump, completed 20 years ago, has just been fortified to be even more magnificent. A 2nd Great Wall was erected across the Canadian border 15 years ago because they turned into a shithole thanks to Trudeau and his refugees.

The middle east meanwhile is a war-torn wasteland ruled by ISIS, our troops and drones having been completely pulled out by 2019. The caliphate has been established and sharia law reigns. Western Europe has fallen to them. The US forged an alliance with Russia and the Visegrad countries to keep ISIS at bay.

There is however an uneasy truce between them and us because they have nukes, we have nukes and both our militaries have grown more powerful over time (ours in an "impenetrable defensive" position).... and then shit hits the fan (somebody blows somebody up, we dont know who). Also, a dumbass liberal tries to stir shit up.

I'm sure someone is already going to make this fantasy story into a movie.

202-Idiocracy-quotes.png

A sadomasochistic love story between a nun and a painter working in the convent as part of a renovation crew. He's mostly unsatisfied with his situation in life, hits the bottle a bit too hard and occasionally indulges in a bit of brown sugar. She was placed in the convent at an early age as a last resort after the foster care system failed her and has been essentially raised by the church although she was never entirely a believer and has always had a bit of a rebellious streak.

While he's working one day the two randomly catch sight of each other and its clear there is an immediate attraction. Things start off innocently enough with each casting flirty glances whenever they're near each other which soon becomes innocent chit chat. Things escalate quickly when she begins sneaking off to eat lunch with him and before long a full blown, co-dependent sexual obsession is born with both finding solace in the degradation they inflict on each other. He fancies being whipped and clawed while she has a preference for kinbaku, Japanese rope bondage after discovering some forbidden literature hidden away in the convent.

Of course the relationship is slowly discovered overtime, first by her fellow nuns and eventually the higher up's at the convent and things become increasingly intense with the church coming down on both of them as they continue to become more attached to each other (in more ways then one) Working title is Evangeline. A soundtrack by Skepticism would be ideal.

I would make some kind of present-day pulp fantasy thing. It would take place in and around the badlands of US or maybe Australia or somewhere else with some fitting harsh terrain. It'd be about the re-emergence of magic in the present day and involve evil wizards and manly heroes riding motorcycles through the desert swinging swords and the soundtrack would be full of stuff like Manilla Road and Brocas Helm and also it would be released exclusively on VHS and I haven't worked out all the details yet but just give me the money this stuff basically writes itself.

I mostly fantasize about making tv shows or animes, though. I have the perfect Gantz adaptation all planned out in my head.

Title: Call of the Rim

Synopsis: A handsome, successful young man seems to have it all. But he hides a dark secret. He is addicted to analingus. Follow his descent into depravity, insanity and ultimately... redemption (albeit not a pretty one). A film both hyperrealistic and surrealistic, featuring intense sex scenes and a psychedelic dream sequence of endless puckering and gaping buttholes.

Starring: Leo diCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Alicia Vikander, a whole bunch of eastern european prostitutes, Morgan Freeman as the wise bartender and Ken Jeong as the buddy/pimp.

Directed by Martin Scorsese, Produced by Steven Spielberg, Special Effects by Industrial Light and Magic.

Theme song by Adele: "Flick of the Tongue"

Kickstarter. Do it!

there's a film i've worked on in my head for a long time. it's about a protagonist who remembers suffering a traumatic experience and has become obsessed with trying to prove that it's a real memory, despite a lack of evidence. the character would be possessed of this nagging need to somehow explain or resolve this consuming memory, clinging to dubious scraps of evidence, at the detriment of his personal life - with compassionate friends/family members trying to intervene or help him rationalise etc, realistic and sad conversations, no forced melodrama. the perspective would be subjective and unreliable, but i'd try to avoid relying on the usual gimmicks of portraying delusion - i'd probably make it very difficult to see the lines between what's real and what isn't throughout, and manipulate the viewer into several subtle changes in perspective along the way. i have plenty of ideas about how to kinda formally represent the character's state of mind and to provide insights into memory and trauma and perception and various existential shit.

the movie that most resembles something like this on a basic level, that i've seen, is sean penn's THE PLEDGE, for some reason. i had this idea before i saw that, following a dream i had myself, and i spent the whole thing simultaneously really liking it and thinking of so many ways i could make it better. i suppose KEANE would also be relevant although i'd want this to be less like schizophrenic dardennes (if you like raw, agonised movies watch that shit immediately btw) and more of a detail-oriented, dreamy slow burn that feels like it's going in circles. it's hard to describe my desired aesthetic but for some reason PRIMER seems an appropriate reference point - this sun-bleached, displaced kind of feeling where nothing's quite right and you can't put a finger on why, probably with the occasional gentle badalamenti-lite ambient score (but mostly silence). the dreaminess has to be so subtle and off-hand that it just creeps into the mood, and i don't want it to noticably build or reach any kind of cathartic climax - at most, there might be some kind of (anti)-climactic perceived near miss, with the character remaining no more informed than he was at the beginning, and no less obsessed either. i imagine the final shot would be from the character's perspective as he stares vacantly at a piece of something he still believes to be evidence, flapping gently in the breeze while the credits roll silently.

no idea about any of your more pragmatic questions, which is why i will never create anything in my entire life lol

there's a film i've worked on in my head for a long time. it's about a protagonist who remembers suffering a traumatic experience and has become obsessed with trying to prove that it's a real memory, despite a lack of evidence. the character would be possessed of this nagging need to somehow explain or resolve this consuming memory, clinging to dubious scraps of evidence, at the detriment of his personal life - with compassionate friends/family members trying to intervene or help him rationalise etc, realistic and sad conversations, no forced melodrama. the perspective would be subjective and unreliable, but i'd try to avoid relying on the usual gimmicks of portraying delusion - i'd probably make it very difficult to see the lines between what's real and what isn't throughout, and manipulate the viewer into several subtle changes in perspective along the way. i have plenty of ideas about how to kinda formally represent the character's state of mind and to provide insights into memory and trauma and perception and various existential shit.

the movie that most resembles something like this on a basic level, that i've seen, is sean penn's THE PLEDGE, for some reason. i had this idea before i saw that, following a dream i had myself, and i spent the whole thing simultaneously really liking it and thinking of so many ways i could make it better. i suppose KEANE would also be relevant although i'd want this to be less like schizophrenic dardennes (if you like raw, agonised movies watch that shit immediately btw) and more of a detail-oriented, dreamy slow burn that feels like it's going in circles. it's hard to describe my desired aesthetic but for some reason PRIMER seems an appropriate reference point - this sun-bleached, displaced kind of feeling where nothing's quite right and you can't put a finger on why, probably with the occasional gentle badalamenti-lite ambient score (but mostly silence). the dreaminess has to be so subtle and off-hand that it just creeps into the mood, and i don't want it to noticably build or reach any kind of cathartic climax - at most, there might be some kind of (anti)-climactic perceived near miss, with the character remaining no more informed than he was at the beginning, and no less obsessed either. i imagine the final shot would be from the character's perspective as he stares vacantly at a piece of something he still believes to be evidence, flapping gently in the breeze while the credits roll silently.

no idea about any of your more pragmatic questions, which is why i will never create anything in my entire life lol

The movie you're describing reminds me of La Moustache on several points, so you might want to watch that though I can't anticipate whether you'd like it. It's about a guy who shaves his moustache, only to realize that everyone else thinks he never had a moustache to begin with. It's actually a serious psychological drama - or is it satirical? No one really knows. Half the mini-reviews on criticker speculate on what it's actually about and everyone's theory is different.

Actually your idea reminded me of a story I was working on several years ago - it was envisioned as either a novella or a movie, can't remember which, but it never got past the planning stage anyway so it doesn't matter. It takes place in the near future, at which point the technology to erase bad memories had been invented. It's about a guy who's suffering from PTSD without an actual memory of the traumatic event itself. The big reveal would be that he (and many others) had been soldiers, fighting in a secret war (against who, and why? bah, who cares about the details) only to have their memories erased afterward. But some vestige of the experience still lingers in the protagonist's brain, and his quest to find out what happened to him (I just remembered, his first theory would be that he was abducted by aliens) leads him to uncover some great conspiracy and realize that major historical developments of the last century have occurred in complete secrecy.

Reactions: CiG
I don't have a damn clue about story or cast, but it would be a heavily occult/mysticism themed historical story that would really delve into the nitty gritty of a character as they delve into the occult. Too often these themes are portrayed either in a silly way, or pushed blatantly as satanic/demonic power- with hardly any explanations provided other than "a wizard/the devil/nature did it" and no credence given to a character for researching/earning their power. My route would have a sincere level of effort put into the details of the supernatural while balancing it with action and a character that was neither blatantly good or evil, but rather making choices as self-serving but non-maniacal individual.

Aesthetically it would be dark, taking elements from horror, but without crossing over into the campyness, excessive gore or jump-scares of much of the horror genre. Take "The Ninth Gate", "Ravenous" or "Valhalla Rising" as a base. A similar low/no CGI aesthetic with that strong level of story detail, dialogue, and darkness. Combine this base with the overall high production quality and epic pacing of say a Kingdom of Heaven or Game of Thrones. Provide a director's cut level of detail in the theatrical release. Give it a dash of Constantine (without all the flash) and I think you've got a rough idea.

Reactions: CiG
I would make some kind of present-day pulp fantasy thing. It would take place in and around the badlands of US or maybe Australia or somewhere else with some fitting harsh terrain. It'd be about the re-emergence of magic in the present day and involve evil wizards and manly heroes riding motorcycles through the desert swinging swords and the soundtrack would be full of stuff like Manilla Road and Brocas Helm and also it would be released exclusively on VHS and I haven't worked out all the details yet but just give me the money this stuff basically writes itself.

I mostly fantasize about making tv shows or animes, though. I have the perfect Gantz adaptation all planned out in my head.

I would watch this movie.