I really want to make a dark movie about the UVB-76 radio station. that whole thing has always fascinated me, that and a mob movie, I'm a sucker for the mafia

Reactions: CiG
I don't really watch many movies but I've got this sort-of story that's really more of a world-building "project" for a hypothetical RPG that would never get made, but tbh I'm always kinda demotivated when I look at these kinds of threads and see a lot of other people also come up with concepts around the theme of memory cuz I know probably every character and plotline in my world probably has existed before. Because I'm narcissistic and paranoid enough to hold onto hope I don't even want to say what the main drive behind it is, but I've had a particular idea about a subplot involving an elderly couple that could maybe work as a sappy romance kind of thing. The husband is a reasonably nice guy, but a bit modest and reserved if not exactly stuffy. This becomes more pronounced as his wife begins suffering from dementia. When talking with strangers she'll sometimes blurt out things seen as slightly flirty or inappropriate or even insane, and he is overeager to apologize for her. Because of their age and maybe certain physical mannerisms, the assumption by visitors is that he is a controlling prude and she is losing the mental conditioning that kept her repressed along with her sanity. That is what the player/viewer initially sees in the game/movie. In reality, they had a perfectly happy and open life together in their youth and her exuberance is something she always had and he always loved, but it was his own insecurity that made him feel a need to protect her. Due to the nature of this particular world, when she passes away, the remaining memories of her are heavily distorted, and in the afterlife he has to live with the knowledge that all of his good intentions effectively turned her into something he never wanted her to be.

^seems to have gone quiet again? i mean they kinda confirmed it was in the works months ago but mcshane was saying recently that none of the cast have been approached about it or anything. i think he's just written a script so far.

Do we need a Deadwood movie? I enjoyed the tv show, but part of the point of it (I thought) was to give a genre typically associated with film the extended treatment only possible with TV. A Deadwood movie would end up just being another Western, of which there are already more than enough.

Next they'll commission a Walking Dead movie.

Have you actually *seen* Deadwood?

EDIT: Er, I can't read, obviously you have. But I mean, how is it in any way a stereotypical western?

Have you actually *seen* Deadwood?

EDIT: Er, I can't read, obviously you have. But I mean, how is it in any way a stereotypical western?

It isn't a stereotypical Western precisely because it goes into all the detail of a town evolving and growing, with fleshed out characters and well developed story arcs. My point is that everything that sets it apart from typical Westerns was possible because it was a tv series rather than a film. I guess a film could build off of all that groundwork, but I'd much rather see a new series.

Do we need a Deadwood movie? I enjoyed the tv show, but part of the point of it (I thought) was to give a genre typically associated with film the extended treatment only possible with TV. A Deadwood movie would end up just being another Western, of which there are already more than enough.

Next they'll commission a Walking Dead movie.
I just want to see the story finished properly. That's the whole point of the movie.