What is the best CoB song?

Apocalypsis Cycle

Guide to the Afterlife
Mar 11, 2005
I mean it, the absolute best. Not the top three, or the top two, the best of the best. Throw 'em at me. :loco:

i got hooked instantly when I first heard Everytime I die. And I just never get sick of that song. So I guess thats my favorite..

Touch Like Angel of Death is my favourite I guess out of my favourites, seeing as you ain't allowed lists. :(

ollight.jpg

dibujo7vf.jpg

Shadows.JPG

Don't Stop at the Top, the Scorpions cover.. it's fucking incredible. There are many great songs but this one stands a bit above all the rest.

My opinion about the ones mentioned already:

Towards Dead End - a terrible song on the album, sounds a hellovalot better live, guitars "downtuned".. the singing is horrible as are the lyrics, but there are some really nice sounds.

Everytime I Die - very very good, but can't say it's the best Bodom song just because it isn't aggressive..

In the Shadows - it's not a song.. all that there is to it is the guitar solo in the end..

Children of Bodom - a terrible song, the solo is the highlight of the song but that's it..

Touch Like Angel of Death - so forgettable, nothing special..

Lake Bodom - the beginning melody rules, but the rest is shit..

Triple Corpse Hammerblow - please..

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Don't Stop at the Top, the Scorpions cover.. it's fucking incredible. There are many great songs but this one stands a bit above all the rest.

My opinion about the ones mentioned already:

Towards Dead End - a terrible song on the album, sounds a hellovalot better live, guitars "downtuned".. the singing is horrible as are the lyrics, but there are some really nice sounds.

Everytime I Die - very very good, but can't say it's the best Bodom song just because it isn't aggressive..

In the Shadows - it's not a song.. all that there is to it is the guitar solo in the end..

Children of Bodom - a terrible song, the solo is the highlight of the song but that's it..

Triple Corpse Hammerblow - please..

and i guess the songs you write are better?

I'm having second thoughts.. I'm really not sure.. :erk:

I'd have to say.. either, everytime I die, in the shadows or warheart. Just can't decide :loco:

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
and i guess the songs you write are better?

I think I could write a better song than In the Shadows, and I do think the mixed version of Towards Dead End sucks, but it's impressive as live. The construction of Touch Like Angel of Death isn't very good at all. Triple Corpse Hammerblow is one of Bodom's worst songs. Children of Bodom is a forgettable song with a nice flowing solo. Lake Bodom is famous for the melody, not the entire song.

The kind of songs I like: Trahsed, Lost & Strungout, Silent Night, Bodom Night, Knuckleduster, Hate Me (original), Angels Don't Kill, Everytime I Die, Follow the Reaper, Needled 24/7.. well those are pretty much my favourites..

Joonas Lehtonen said:
I think I could write a better song than In the Shadows, and I do think the mixed version of Towards Dead End sucks, but it's impressive as live. The construction of Touch Like Angel of Death isn't very good at all. Triple Corpse Hammerblow is one of Bodom's worst songs. Children of Bodom is a forgettable song with a nice flowing solo. Lake Bodom is famous for the melody, not the entire song.

The kind of songs I like: Trahsed, Lost & Strungout, Silent Night, Bodom Night, Knuckleduster, Hate Me (original), Angels Don't Kill, Everytime I Die, Follow the Reaper, Needled 24/7.. well those are pretty much my favourites..

You don't hear melodies in Dimmu Borgir's music, your opinion is not of any interest.

Joonas Lehtonen said:

I was agreeing with the other things you said...but this is just wrong. You seem to be hooked on melodies from CoB, and that's it. These 4 songs are among my favorites cause, in fact, they're pretty much half catchy melody and other half killer riifs. Kinda like the mini wheats!

I can see why you liked Hate Me!, Neddled 24/7 and Trashed,Lost & Strung Out : 200% melody driven.