What Is The Rarest/ Collectable You Own?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I think we've had a thread like this before where we listed all the rarest stuff we've collected over the years. But instead of a list pick one item that you think is the rarest or most collectible. I think this would be cool.

Mine would be the Sonata Arctica Seabag

The rarest I have is CONCEPTION "Flow". I also have NIGHTWISH "Dark Passion Play" autographed by all band members, plus all crew members, including TERO, and EWO. So that one is the most special CD I have.

Not sure how rare it is, but I have vinyl copy of Nightfall in Middle Earth signed by Hansi. I actually got it from Dr. Metal (I think that I have seen him floating around these forums) for making a donation to his show 7 or 8 years ago.

I know that they didn't make it too big, but I have an orginal demo tape from Cauldron Born that I really like.

I have a few original pieces that I would consider rare as hell.

Twilightning - Affection Seeker (EP)

Sunset Strip - Strippin Time (Glam band featurning none other than Nils from Pagan's Mind)

Firewind - Nocturnal Symphony (Not the mp3.com version the actual pressed self released -Also own the mp3.com version)

Dream Evil - Hero Of Zeroes (EP)

Driver - S/T (Featuring Rob Rock, and Roy Z)

I've got a framed Queensryche Rage For Order 24x36 promo poster, and also a 16x20 Galactic Cowboys S/T promo poster, and an Anacrusis "Manic Impressions" 16x20 promo poster. I used to penpal with their bassist when I was a kid!

Most valuable ...

METAL:

pre-Candlemass vinyl; NEMESIS "Day of Retribution" (original version with pink cover showing a warrior on a horse) - apparently someone sells it on ebay for 35$ ... I paid more than 300$ back then, haha

or

HEXENHAUS "A tribute to Insanity" vinyl

Edit - forgot this one:
AVATAR "City Beneath the Surface" (pre-Savatage 7" vinyl single in red cover w the gargoyle logo)

NON-METAL:

Y KANT TORI READ - pre-Tori Amos CD ... I paid a FORTUNE for it!!!

c.

A single used drumstick from Doc Killdrums that he gave me back on the Gutter Ballet tour. :kickass:

A pair of drumsticks Vinny Appice had Jimmy Bain hand down to me during a WWIII show. (Touched by greatness twice!):headbang:

:Smokin:

TONS of colored Venom 80's vinyl
Picture discs from all kinds of 80's metal bands
45 singles from metal bands of the 80's

I have a 86/87 Caught Somewhere in Time Tour shirt signed by Steve Harris,Nicko,and Adrian Smith that I got signed on Seventh Son tour.

- An LP version of Fates Warning's "Night on Brocken" with the original cover art

- Lillian Axe's "Love & War" original pressing CD

- Clockwork's debut EP (anybody even remember these guys?)

- 3 unopened copies of Shotgun Messiah's s/t LP (LOL! They were $0.79 each at Best Buy. My buddy and I bought all six copies they had, just to have them. I am curious to see if they have the stencil that came with the CD included, but I don't want to actually open any of them to find out!)

- Is Angra's "Reaching Horizon" demo on CD considered rare? If so, I got it!

Probably not of interest to many on this board:
hertears.jpg

I also have various TROUBLE rarities:
Fall2007105.jpg

Fall2007104.jpg

Most valuable ...

NON-METAL:

Y KANT TORI READ - pre-Tori Amos CD ... I paid a FORTUNE for it!!!

c.

Ha ha! I used to date a girl who was a Tori Amos freak! This album is TRULY TRULY rare. We think we know what rare is in metal, but this thing is out of control. You're probably safe here, but got post on the TA forum that you've got this and people will stalk you, seriously.

Ha ha! I used to date a girl who was a Tori Amos freak! This album is TRULY TRULY rare. We think we know what rare is in metal, but this thing is out of control. You're probably safe here, but got post on the TA forum that you've got this and people will stalk you, seriously.

Ohh, I know it's rare. I've got 80+ Tori Amos CD's, tons of vinyls, DVDs, VHS-tapes and a couple of cassettes w her.

c.