What Is The Rarest/ Collectable You Own?

I have a few things, nothing too special...

The rarest would probably be Angra's Make Believe Single....

I do have a very nice The Gathering collection.. nothing TOO rare, but the collection itself is nice.. I got all but one of their singles, some promo stuff, LPs, different versions of all their albuns... Nothing too expensive.. I refuse to pay too much money for something just because it's rare... I've seen the one single I still need on e-bay but as soon as the bids reach 30 bucks I am done... not paying 40 bucks for a single just for a "complete collection"...

on my vinyl:
SOD- Speak English or Die
The first two Hallow's Eve releases,
Odin, the album with Odin on a throne, the vinyl is white
Paul Stanley's and Peter Criss' solo Kiss albums still in plastic
simpsons stuff: a pewter Homer Simpson statue that becomes a bottle opener, and a Hank Scorpio figure.
posters: a German Kiss poster for Psycho Circus, a pull out poster of Dee Snider from hit Parader(1985)*framed*

A one-of-a-kind piece, from a band that's made quite a stir underground-- the song-mapping board to Woods of Ypres' "Pursuit of the Sun, Allure of the Earth"-- it's about 3 feet x 4 feet and the dry-erase is pretty much permanent now...
46potsaotemappingboard.jpg

A one-of-a-kind piece, from a band that's made quite a stir underground-- the song-mapping board to Woods of Ypres' "Pursuit of the Sun, Allure of the Earth"-- it's about 3 feet x 4 feet and the dry-erase is pretty much permanent now...

Wow, that's pretty fucking cool. Woods of Ypres are a great band.

Damn, that's awesome. How'd you manage to get that?

I completely forgot, I also have the wooden box with Agalloch's name carved in to the top they sent out with some of the Ashes pre-orders in 2006.
Ahh, yeah, forgot about that one-- I also have the double-vinyl wooden box set of "Pale Folklore" that was limited to 60 copies and sold at their Day of the Equinox performance in Toronto in 2005:
IMG_0245.jpg

I did get to see Saturnus at Chicago Powerfest...they were the band that convinced Justin (Mosquito) and I to make the trip up last year. Got to meet the whole band based on a very chance encounter with Peter, their guitar player...I was wearing an Agalloch shirt, he knew Agalloch from their European tour, we talked for an hour or so, and we ended up hanging out with Saturnus for pretty much the rest of the festival. Then Justin and I got our CD booklets and a drumhead signed by all in the band.

Justin has the cooler story, though, as he caught up with the Saturnus guys in their home country of Denmark, watched them rehearse, drank beers, and then saw a headlining show with them. So he's got me there (plus apparently he's getting their goddamn demo tape from Claus)...but fucking cool to meet one of the best death/doom bands ever for sure.

I've got a few,a Live Satyricon lp Black Lava In The North,Doomsword's S/T album,Anton Lavey's Satanic Mass lp,Ulver's Vargnatt Promo lp,a split lp of Possessed's and Morbid Angel's demo material.I know theres more in there but can't be bothered looking atm

My man and I collect lots of rare stuff...here's some of our favorites :heh:

--Yngwie's 4-track demos before Varney brought him over here and some recordings he sent Varney of his first band playing in bars in Sweden
--Scorps "Virgin Killer" original album cover (maybe I shouldn't mention that...lol...it's rather unsavory, I suppose)
--The rough tracks from Metallica "...and Justice For All" album
--Priest "Sad Wings of Destiny" picture disc
--MSG "Assault Attack" picture disc
--Accept "Accept" picture disc
--Fates Warning "No Exit" picture disc
--Criss Oliva ORIGINAL guitar pick (my most cherished Sava-thing)
--Dream Theater "Live in New York" original album cover (Twin Towers)
--Bro box recording of Jason Becker and Marty Friedman jammin' around at a local music store
--Original Uli Roth "Electric Sun," "Firewind," "Earthquake" vinyl (out of print)
--Original Scorps "Fly To The Rainbow" vinyl (out of print)
--JOP setlist (not the one on the stage, but the one they revised and scribbled all over before printing the final. Signed by Jon at BARfest...yay)
--Pain Of Salvation concert advert poster from "One Hour By The Concrete Lake" tourstop in Thessaloniki
--Savatage "Madness Reigns" baseball-style tour shirt (Mountain King on front, pencil-drawn portrait of the band on back)
--Project Driver original vinyl
--Riot "Born in America" original vinyl
--Lots of Maiden albums and singles on vinyl
...And about a billion out of print '80s records, old Kerrang!, Metal Forces, Int'l Musician etc magazines, old guitar advert posters...
Don't get me started on gear.
Anyway...yup, there you go...maybe this means we need a life...lol
:kickass: :kickass:

I have a copy of Pearl Jam's "Ten", signed by the entire band. They were promoting the release of the debut CD. They played three acoustic songs and then signed discs at a local mall. Maybe 100 people showed up. I went to check it out, because I was a huge Mother Love Bone fan. I was blown away by the acoustic songs they played, so I bought the disc. Ironically, I wasn't at all interested in getting the CD signed (I think this is the only autograph I have). I just wanted to ask Stone and Jeff if they had anything else recorded with Andrew that would eventually be released.

Zod