What Is The Rarest/ Collectable You Own?

I have the metal box edition of Slayer - Decade of Aggression limited to 10,000 copies

doaboxset.jpg

mines not still wrapped though.

also a picture of The Ramones from The Simpsons appearance signed by Joey, Johnny, Marky and CJ

I've got a framed Queensryche Rage For Order 24x36 promo poster, and also a 16x20 Galactic Cowboys S/T promo poster, and an Anacrusis "Manic Impressions" 16x20 promo poster. I used to penpal with their bassist when I was a kid!

Ooooo guard that RFO promo poster with your life... I'd LOVE to have that...

I dunno exactly how collectible it is, but to me it's my greatest treasure - autographed Ludwig promo poster of Eric Carr from the Crazy Nights album.. I also have the promo poster for the Hot in the Shade disc but not signed.. still...

Oh and my newest collectibles - 2 pathosray demos :D

I have a couple of things i really don't know if they are considered (Collectibles) but they are interesting. I have every 45 single made for Def Leppard's Hysteria Album the sleeves made a poster when you put them together, some never made it on store shelves but i had a friend that gave me the ones that i didn't have so its pretty cool. And plus a 33 RPM Anthrax Persistance of Time Picture Disk signed by the band, doesn't sound good but looks cool. And a Phantom, Rocker and Slick 33 RPM Record. it was never put on cd great Album just wasn't popular..HMM Wonder if anyone here knows who they were LOL Anyway that my 2 cents on the deal..:headbang:

Top three rarest things I have:
AC/DC German yellow vinyl Highway To Hell, AC/D Dutch splatter vinyl If You Want Blood You've Got It, and the Japanese 1981 AC/DC split picture disc record with I think it is foreigner on one side, and AC/DC. I also have a signed by the entire band Back In Black. The entire AC/DC catalog of seventies material on original Australian vinyl, and the English version of Highway to Hell with a third different cover (that was hard to come by). Those are some of the rarest of my thousands of items.

Some of my most treasured items, ticket stub signed by Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, guitar pick from Bo Diddley (he doesn't give out picks, but one broke in his show and I got it), and a signed Overnight Sensation Motorhead poster and photos with the band.

Best memory, standing on the side of the stage while Motorhead played about ten feet from me in front of about 40,000 people in 1998 at the Somerset park Ozzfest date. My pictures are incredible from that show.

forgot about the Morbid Angel bootleg from the "Crush Jesus Christ tour 91" on pink? vinyl,Morbid Angel's Blessed are the sick 7inch ep box set and Mayhem Live At Jussheim lp

Haha I wont even get into the demos thing. I have huge box full of demo tapes and CD's.

I always think about the rare CD's I have in these threads. If I starting thinking outside the box I'd be here all day heh. I have so much stuff, I dont even know where to put it all anymore. Especially rare concert flyers, posters, promo ads, etc.

Heres something I own and totally forgot about. Haha.

VICERARE.jpg

VICE1.jpg

LANCE KING WHO? Pulled out a couple rare cassettes for a few laughs.

GEMINI1.jpg

GEMINI2.jpg

MICHAEL ROMEO WHO? Also shown is the rare Driver EP cassette, Ivory Tower demo with Marc Ferrari (Would become Medicine Wheel, and was just after Cold Sweat), and a rare Eidolon cassette.

PO2.jpg

PO1.jpg

Savatage "Handful of Rain" autographed by Alex Skolnick, Dr. Killdrums, Zak Stevens, and Jon Oliva. I didn't get these autographs at one time either, but just over the years at various events. I lack Johnny Lee Middleton's, but I'll eventually get it if I have to fling myself on his front porch! :lol:

Savatage "Live Devastation" This is a live cd (promo) that was suppose to be released by Metal Blade during the mid 90's, but never saw the light of day. You see these promos pop up from time to time on ebay, but I think they're fairly rare. I'm not positive though.

Badlands "s/t LP" This LP is in mint condition.
Savatage "Hall of the Mountain King" LP - this is also in mint condition

~Brian~

SAMANTHA FOX TOPLESS PIC DISC....!
LOL!!! I have that too! Along with a bunch of other vinyl picture disks incuding some Metallica (Jump in the Fire - monster shaped disk), Slayer (Live Undead, Hell Awaits), Helloween (can't remember for sure), Exodus (Pleasures of the Flesh), etc... I have some fairly rare (I believe ) Mercyful Fate on vinyl. Curse of the Pharaohs has King on the front without makeup. Pretty sure that some of my other vinyl would be of the rare persuasion too. I know I have Fates Warning Night on Brocken on vinyl but can;t remember which cover(s) I have. Pretty sure I have one of the first two covers, but may even have both. Its been a while since I looked over my vinyl.

I also have 1 of 200 Power of Omens original demo cassettes from back in the mid-90s.

Probably the rarest thing I own is a promotional chunk of marble with the Metallica logo blasted onto it from the And Justice For All days. I also have a Metallica promo sampler called "Mandatory Metallica." I have a bunch of other crazy promo stuff from when I worked at a music distributor back in the late 80s too.

LOL!!! I have that too! Along with a bunch of other vinyl picture disks incuding some Metallica (Jump in the Fire - monster shaped disk), Slayer (Live Undead, Hell Awaits), Helloween (can't remember for sure), Exodus (Pleasures of the Flesh), etc... I have some fairly rare (I believe ) Mercyful Fate on vinyl. Curse of the Pharaohs has King on the front without makeup. Pretty sure that some of my other vinyl would be of the rare persuasion too. I know I have Fates Warning Night on Brocken on vinyl but can;t remember which cover(s) I have. Pretty sure I have one of the first two covers, but may even have both. Its been a while since I looked over my vinyl.

I also have 1 of 200 Power of Omens original demo cassettes from back in the mid-90s.

Probably the rarest thing I own is a promotional chunk of marble with the Metallica logo blasted onto it from the And Justice For All days. I also have a Metallica promo sampler called "Mandatory Metallica." I have a bunch of other crazy promo stuff from when I worked at a music distributor back in the late 80s too.

That Mercyful Fate CotP vinyl with King in no makeup, is that a picture disc or not? It was released by the fan club, the non picture disc is worth anywhere between 80-125, as for the picture disc, I know a of a guy that has a pretty extensive MF collection and he is looking for it, and he pays very well for that stuff from what I have been told. He has an online Metal Museum of all of the things that he has collected. He even has the quill that Manowar used to sign their contract in blood for their record deal. Bought it from Megaforce for $1000.

That Mercyful Fate CotP vinyl with King in no makeup, is that a picture disc or not? It was released by the fan club, the non picture disc is worth anywhere between 80-125, as for the picture disc, I know a of a guy that has a pretty extensive MF collection and he is looking for it, and he pays very well for that stuff from what I have been told. He has an online Metal Museum of all of the things that he has collected. He even has the quill that Manowar used to sign their contract in blood for their record deal. Bought it from Megaforce for $1000.
Its not the picture disk. I also have a live MF that I got the same time, but can't remember the title right now. Holy shit! That's pretty serious $$ for a piece of vinyl! All my vinyl is mostly unplayed because I was really picky and would clean it up, make a high quality cassette recording from it and then put the album back in its sleeve. I can't even remember playing that one though! I just remembered that I also have a King Diamond Abigail picture disk and some other neat KD stuff. Back in the mid-late 80s MF and KD was hands down my favorite!

Wow! That guy is pretty crazy. I have the original Kill 'em All pressing from Megaforce, but I doubt that is very rare. Honestly, I have quite a few cool/rare things that I don't even remember the half of it right now. I'd suspect that some of it is quite valuable though. Perhaps I should take an inventory of it.

i am pretty sure the rarest cd i own is the demo 3 track single that Vanden Plas did in 1991. I assume it is really rare, because when i did an interview with Stephan Lill during my show, he was shocked to find out i had it.
he didnt think ANYONE had any of them, since so few had been pressed, and was especially surprised it managed to find its way across the atlantic.
i have been offered a lot of money for it, but of course, i would never part with it...

I forgot in my other post to mention the Metallica And Justice for all Double Album album i picked up when it first came out and it still sounds great, I never really looked at it as a collectable but i guess you don't find many..:headbang:

i am pretty sure the rarest cd i own is the demo 3 track single that Vanden Plas did in 1991. I assume it is really rare, because when i did an interview with Stephan Lill during my show, he was shocked to find out i had it.
he didnt think ANYONE had any of them, since so few had been pressed, and was especially surprised it managed to find its way across the atlantic.
i have been offered a lot of money for it, but of course, i would never part with it...

Is yours the FIRE single? Black cover with the words FIRE across it with Stephans phone number inside? I owned a 3 song FIRE demo, and sold it years ago but it might not be the same thing. I also sold in my Vanden Plas collection I had the original purple cover for Colour Temple.

Another rare item I parted with, and I believe Daybreaker of this forum now has it....was the original Edguy Savage Poetry CD with original artwork before they signed with AFM back then. I think he snagged it for either 200.00 or 250.00 off me on ebay.

Not sure if these are rare but I don't know too many people who have: Lemur Voice-Divided & I have a copy of Van Halans 1st release on red vinyl...

Not sure if these are rare but I don't know too many people who have: Lemur Voice-Divided

Not sure that is really all that rare, but it is a great CD! Lemur Voice was a great band, and the last Sun Caged CD is right there with them.

I have a nice Angra Holy Land longform cd with the live acoustic fnac cd.

A signed Virgil Donati drumstick from the planet x tour

Not sure how rare this is...maybe some ppl could help me....I have a Dream Theater Awake flag with the big eye/clock from the Lie single. Hard to come by?