What is the worst thing someone ever said to you?

Hey man, it takes stupidity to post stupidity and mean it. I'm not saying how much it matters, but all her qualifications can't thwart the fact that she just said something stupid.

GreatPhoenix said:
Hey man, it takes stupidity to post stupidity and mean it. I'm not saying how much it matters, but all her qualifications can't thwart the fact that she just said something stupid.
But name someone who's never said a stupid thing. Name someone who claims never to have said a stupid thing. Saying one or two stupid things doesn't make someone stupid, it's more a saying stupid things all the time kind of trait which does that, and Hyena has said many fewer stupid things than many other people. Also, I wouldn't call what Hyena said "stupid" anyway, but that's neither here nor there really.

Now that I've just written "stupid" so much, I've realised that I really don't like that word. :err:

Rusty said:
But name someone who's never said a stupid thing. Name someone who claims never to have said a stupid thing. Saying one or two stupid things doesn't make someone stupid, it's more a saying stupid things all the time kind of trait which does that, and Hyena has said many fewer stupid things than many other people. Also, I wouldn't call what Hyena said "stupid" anyway, but that's neither here nor there really.

Now that I've just written "stupid" so much, I've realised that I really don't like that word. :err:

Well I'm basing it on the assumption that she so agrees with someone bringing up to someone else that they're fat as if it's helpful that she'd probably do it herself. And that it's stupid to think you could say something so rude and not understand that it's rude when you say it, or after someone mentioning that it was uncomfortable to have told to them.

Do you go around telling people who have a little bit of a belly "you're fat?" TBH I'm not so much fat or overweight as simply chubby. Now my mom is fat, and it's truly sad. It's sick how insensitive people are.

awww keep it coming, people
I didn't spend christmas with my family and therefore I missed all the pointless bickering and mean hurtful comments flying from one side to the other
it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling

seriously now :rolleyes:

GreatPhoenix said:
Do you go around telling people who have a little bit of a belly "you're fat?" TBH I'm not so much fat or overweight as simply chubby. Now my mom is fat, and it's truly sad. It's sick how insensitive people are.
A while ago, I was a bit overweight. My body mass index was still in the "normal" range, so I was not fat in the sense of "headed for a serious health condition". Some people started to tell me I was overweight and I was starting to sport a double chin. I got irritated at the start, then joined a gym. I am not as slim as I used to be before spending one year in London living on curries and beer, but I'm getting there. And I like my body at the moment. If nobody had ever pointed to me in (yes) a sarcastic and displeasing manner that I was a bit too chubby I wouldn't have been pushed to react. Does this make me stupid? I don't know - in retrospect, I appreciate that people told me I needed to lose weight. Much in the same way, your comment about my looks goes into a large database named "Reasons why I keep on being single": after all, I should thank you for adding your bit (although it wasn't a new bit, which would have earned you more points). So, on second thought, thank you. :)

i agree that pointing things out, possibly in a not rude way and in the right moment, is good, it helps after all, i got advice only on silly things, like clothes or hair, but it helped anyway. being over/underweight is obviously more important also healthwise, and i don't think it's bad to be said, unless it's just a random insult thrown at somebody for "fun" (in a twisted way it helps too, but i guess it hurts).

hyena said:
A while ago, I was a bit overweight. My body mass index was still in the "normal" range, so I was not fat in the sense of "headed for a serious health condition". Some people started to tell me I was overweight and I was starting to sport a double chin. I got irritated at the start, then joined a gym. I am not as slim as I used to be before spending one year in London living on curries and beer, but I'm getting there. And I like my body at the moment. If nobody had ever pointed to me in (yes) a sarcastic and displeasing manner that I was a bit too chubby I wouldn't have been pushed to react. Does this make me stupid? I don't know - in retrospect, I appreciate that people told me I needed to lose weight. Much in the same way, your comment about my looks goes into a large database named "Reasons why I keep on being single": after all, I should thank you for adding your bit (although it wasn't a new bit, which would have earned you more points). So, on second thought, thank you. :)

Well it would be helpful except I already know, and the person already knew I knew. I think a person can tell they've gained weight when they're already actively self-conscious of it, so why keep bringing it up?

I also think there's nothing productive in telling a person that they're unattractive.

It doesn't matter what people say on internet messageboards because they don't know you. In real life there have been times when someone you care about says something hurtful but I don't want to get into it. Such memories are very painful.

Lolita Vampiriá said:
It doesn't matter what people say on internet messageboards because they don't know you. In real life there have been times when someone you care about says something hurtful but I don't want to get into it. Such memories are very painful.
Then one should probably think of why they post on a message board in the first place...well, the "I'm bored and haven't got anything to do" is reasonable, but kind of weary and weird anyway. I do think that it matters what people say on the Internet, and that people should try to (and do) reflect themselves as much as possible in conversations on the Internet, just like in real life. If they don't, they'll be judged by their sayings anyway. I think that even though hurtful things said don't necessarily carry as much weight on the Internet as in real life, it's only because some people, much like in real life, just get a kick out of harassing people for no reason, and because anonymity makes people react more easily. Then on the other hand maybe because of that what people say on the Internet should, on some level certainly, be taken even more seriously, especially if you think that the person saying what he/she is saying somewhat knows you. A point to ponder.

And nobody really wants to read my opinion on the debate about looks and whatnot, or even if someone would I don't feel like repeating everyone. Maybe it's time to move on from bickering again.

"i care about you too much but i'll never be able to be with you, you'd drag me down with you and kill me"
[my mom] "i hate you. i wish you were dead"
"you're so stupid that i'm ashamed of you all the time. i can't go anywhere in public with you."
"you're useless. you're nothing and you'll never get anywhere."
"nothing's wrong with you, you're faking the whole thing" + a million other things like that [/my mom]
"get over it, he was just a cat"

GreatPhoenix said:
P.P.S. Either it's true or it isn't? You're so stupid.
so you think it can be both true and not true, or neither?
remarking on someone's looks or other visible characteristics can be a snotty thing to do, yet i find it hard to believe that it's ultimately not true or false. a direct connection between reading this statement and calling someone stupid because of it is not exactly a good way to make one's point.

besides, in my experience i have to admit you do have double standards. for instance, you call some of the people who take thousands of pictures of themselves in compromising poses and circumstances camwhores or sluts, and you define their behaviour as shallow and almost deserving of sexual aggression. at the same time, you only have words of appreciation for other users who do the very same thing when it comes to posting pictures. it's particularly evident in the case of idari, whom you bash relentlessly, and lyri, whom you praise as a goddess. one of them is a whore for showing the world pictures of her kissing another girl, and the other a saint for showing the world pictures of her cleavage. i'm not interested in claiming either opinion is correct, but having them both makes your intellectual honesty quite unreliable.