What is your biggest musical guilty pleasure?

Okay:

Van Halen
Aerosmith
Def Leppard
Firehouse
Motley Crue
Whitesnake
etc etc

You get the gist.

daz436 said:
Aah, the Young Guitar instructional videos! I used to have the first one in the series ... no better way to shatter an ego than to pop on that video to someone who really thinks they're the shit and watch 'em cry, then eventually pawn off their guitar and sink into a serious crack addiction :loco:

I made that last bit up :erk:

Lietuvis said:
Haha, dude... half the music that I listen to is classical.

I know, you're probably just being sarcastic...

Yeah, well, sort of... Or, just honest!

I also listen like you on classical music.
Especially since I'm a composer of the same kind of music...!
:)

RiffBoy said:
Yeah, well, sort of... Or, just honest!

I also listen like you on classical music.
Especially since I'm a composer of the same kind of music...!
:)

Who else do you like?
My favorite composers at the moment are...

Johann Sebastian Bach
Richard Wagner
Johannes Brahms
Anton Dvorak
and of course... Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart :)

Good to see some classical fans here. That's my second favourite genre (after metal, of course:p) Vivaldi is very awesome, as well as Mozart and Bach.

I don't think I have any guilty pleasures anymore. I used to listen to crap when I was younger (Korn, Linkin Park, etc) but not anymore. Ok I guess I have ONE
True Live....they are "hip hop"

This is a tough one to answer. If the question relates to now, then I'd say none, and for a reason. Opeth, Grip Inc, Nevermore, Meshuggah (and many more metal bands) - I listen to many, if not most of their tracks over time. I don't think one song makes a musical guilty pleasure. If that was the case, my list would be huge, for there are so many individual tracks by non-metal acts that I truly like. Just to name a few:
Oh Father - Madonna
Kiss From a Rose - Seal
Do You Know What It Takes - Robyn
What I Like About You - The Romantics
Dance With Me - Debelah Morgan
many, many nu-metal bands
I suppose "cheese" metal like Rhapsody and Luca Turilli may be considered a guilty pleasure, but I don't believe that to be true.

In the 80's I loved many bands now considered "guilty", although I don't listen to them much anymore. Styx, Kansas, Winger, and a host of 80's big hair bands.

Bottom line - I don't think there is such a thing as a musical guilty pleasure. I even liked Tiptoe Through the Tulips by Tiny Tim.

killswitch engage...:( there was a thread a fair while back absolutely flaming them and i was like :erk:

aqua... when i was a kid i liked dr. jones:cry:

kelly clarkson: behind these hazel eyes is an awesome song! so stfu!

sting: i dont know how you guys like him but i think hes an incredible artist.