What is your favorite song of In flames???

Dat crowd though... haven't seen energy like that since Metallica drove the masses crazy at Monsters of Rock.

Something interesting regarding Free Fall. I remember an interview with Bjorn for a Spanish magazine qhere he said that Free Fall was something like a Heavy ballad. If I find the magazine I will copy his exact words.

I guess I can kind of see that... but I mean it's really just a standard metal song. It's not the same as S&A, Dawn of a New Day, Evil in a Closet, Metaphor, etc... not to me, anyway.

Of course it's not. That's why I was surprised. It's closer to OFTW than it is for any ballad.

Bjorn can talk as much shit as Anders to be fair, so not so surprising to me :D this is the same guy who thinks The Truth represents "the early days".

They know that's bullshit. It's their way of saying that they don't give a shit and think that they're followers are retarded.

"Transparent" is fucking awesome, absolutely crushing bass tone. It's one of the only times I absolutely love chugging guitars. I really wish it and "Free Fall" got more love.

Mostly agree with the list, love that SoaPF's getting some love. Out of curiosity, how come Lunar Strain's so low? Not judging, mind you, just asking.
Whilst I get the album's importance as it was integral in forming the In Flames sound of the following years, i just cant get into most songs for some reason, probably because of the poor production and Stanne's voice which i am not the biggest fan of (even though i like his voice in the 2000s DT albums, especially Projector).

Whilst I get the album's importance as it was integral in forming the In Flames sound of the following years, i just cant get into most songs for some reason, probably because of the poor production and Stanne's voice which i am not the biggest fan of (even though i like his voice in the 2000s DT albums, especially Projector).

That's fair enough, I get that.

One of the things that is sometimes overlooked with TJR is how much groove is spread across the album. One of the things that distinguishes it from other MDM albums, for me at least, is that it's encouraging your whole body to move, rather than just headbanging.

Reactions: galvanized
Favorite songs are to hard to pick.

I fell in love with In Flames at the age of 9 (28 now) thanks to the older brother and cousins. It all started with « The Quiet Place » if I rember well and then It changed me forever. Each and every songs from Lunar Strain to Come Clarity are gold to me (maybe not scream).

Decline began with ASOP although i appreciate this album a lot, it’s just not at the level of the previous ones.

SOAPF was the first album I found not very good and after that… tough times ahah.

Reactions: eochaid
There's only one track on SOAPF I dislike (All For Me), it wasn't until SC that I felt IF we're on the decline. Since then it's been grim times for sure.

Have you ever discussed Reroute to Remain the song itself on this forum?

I've been literally blown away by its amazing groove, chorus (the kind of "flying" feeling it conveys) and lead melody eversince I first listened to this one.

What a great way to start an album, I think it makes a very logical follow up to Clayman while instaurate a new modern dimension to the band.

Definitely part of my favorites.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
Occasionally, and I agree, I love Reroute title track. Very epic sounding in chorus, verses simple but work well. Lyrics are well constructed. It's also cool how it transitions from this slower, melodic beginning into the thrashy aggressiveness of System.

Reactions: Moonshield_
One thing I like about the chorus of Reroute to Remain is that Anders' singing is backed up by him screaming the same lines, which gives it a very forceful feel without the need for clean vocal layering. I find that's a good mix when done well -- he does it on several choruses on R2R.

Favorite IF song is still Moonshield.