What is your favorite song of In flames???

Supposedly they are headphones made for metal. It could be a gimmick and they might end up being trash. Who knows? I think they're supposed to ship in August. Right now I'm using Sony WH-1000XM4s and I find them to be very good. We'll see.

Snap :cool:

That was harder than I thought and I'm still not sure about some things on here, other than Battles belonging in a dumpster.

1: Clayman

2: Colony (even though Colony is my favourite song by far, Clayman is just a bit better as a whole)

3: Reroute to Remain

4-7: TJR/Come Clarity/SOAPF/Whoracle (no idea here, honestly)

8-9: STYE/ASOP (once again, no idea between these two, by no means bad albums, but both have their weak points that are easy to hear)

10-11: Lunar Strain (lovely stuff here, but the productions sucks ass and more often than not when I'll just listen to '99 versions of Behind Space and Clad in Shadows which I fucking love) and I, the Mask (some good songs here like Deep Inside and Voices and good stuff like acoustic guitars and overall more mdm-ish riffs than on last two albums, but some very bad songs (In This Life and House) and very bad stuff like the patented GARBAGE system (more on that later) being used again, boring song structures, edgy lyrics, generic solos and nostalgic self-referencing lyrics being wasted on We Will Remember being what it is)

12: Siren Charms (I don't hate this album, I kinda get what they were trying to do, but the execution could be better and this doesn't really feel like an In Flames album)

Garbage: Battles (Now this is absolute fucing garbage lol. Even though i like Wallflower, most of the rest of the album is utter trash and I haven't listened to it since 2016. GARBAGE (Goddamn Anders Rubbing Benson's Autotune Grinning Evilly) system being used on 100% on every song, stupid lyrics, awful mixing, awful guitarwork, overall just bad songs while feeling totally fake.)

On EPs: Subterranian and Mirror's Truth are both really good in my opinion; I'm not really counting Black-Ash Inheritance here as it's just a Whoracle preview for me; Trigger EP is weird, but ok; Clayman 2020 rerecordings suck ass (instrumental is nice); Down, Wicked and No Good is a collection of really bad covers of really good songs.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life
I did a list on In Flames song you don't like thread so here's my favorite IF songs :D

Lunar Strain: Same answer like on the other thread: I actually don't have any favorite nor the song I don't like, I never get into this album anyway, doesnt feels like IF to me.
Subterranean: Dead Eternity
The Jester Race: Artifacts of the Black Rain
Whoracle: Jotun
Colony: Colony
Clayman: Pinball Map / Brush the dust away
Reroute to Remain: Minus / Trigger / Transparent (I just couldn't eliminate one of them :D )
STYE: Dead Alone
Come Clarity: Crawl through Knives
ASOP: The Mirrors Truth / Delight and Angers
SOAPF: Deliver Us (Also my favorite IF song all time)
SC: Filtered Truth
Battles: Before I Fall
I The Mask: I The Mask

Actually Transparent has been one of my favourites off Reroute since it came out. Not sure why, I just like the song.

Here goes mine

Lunar strain: Clad in Shadows
Subterranean: Stand Ablaze
Jester Race: Artifacts
Whoracle: Episode 666
Colony: Embody the Invincible
Clayman: Bullet Ride
R2R: Trigger
STYE: Touch of Red
Come Clarity: Leeches
Sense of Purpose: Sleepless again
SOAPF: New Dawn
Siren Charms: Rusted Nail
Battles: Wallflower
ITM: I the Mask

In terms of album rank order:
1. Jester Race / Whoracle / Clayman
2. Colony
3. Come Clarity
4. SOAPF
5. R2R
6. ITM
7. STYE
8 ASOP
9. Siren Charms
10. Battles
11. Lunar Strain

Reactions: DE4life
Actually Transparent has been one of my favourites off Reroute since it came out. Not sure why, I just like the song.

giphy.gif

Sorry bro :D it's one of those things I just can't explain. Sometimes you know you should hate a song, but for some reason you like it. I think nostalgia probably plays a factor. I can't even imagine the amount of times I listened to Reroute from start to finish when I was 15.

I keed.

I recall a lot of people saying Transparent sounded like In Flames ripping off Slipknot. I honestly haven't listened to that song in many, many years. Or RTR as a whole really.

"Transparent" is fucking awesome, absolutely crushing bass tone. It's one of the only times I absolutely love chugging guitars. I really wish it and "Free Fall" got more love.

In terms of album rank order:
1. Jester Race / Whoracle / Clayman
2. Colony
3. Come Clarity
4. SOAPF
5. R2R
6. ITM
7. STYE
8 ASOP
9. Siren Charms
10. Battles
11. Lunar Strain

Mostly agree with the list, love that SoaPF's getting some love. Out of curiosity, how come Lunar Strain's so low? Not judging, mind you, just asking.

I think people just equated the downtuned riffs of Transparent with nu metal in general. I get it, but still, doesn't sound like Slipknot to me.

SOAPF is actually very well regarded on here for the most part. Moreso than other parts of the internet, it seems.

I like Free Fall, although the solo sounds more like a keyboad than a guitar.

"Free Fall" is so fucking incredible, and I can't stand that it wasn't a single because it feels so much like it should be one. I really wish they'd play it live, and if they have, please direct me to a video of it.

SOAPF is actually very well regarded on here for the most part. Moreso than other parts of the internet, it seems.

I think I'm in the right place then.

Reactions: eochaid
I'm actually surprised Free Fall wasn't a single as well. With the catchy chorus, you'd think it would have been.

I thought it did get played live a few times but I can't find evidence of that so I might be imagining it.

Reactions: eochaid
There were rumours of Free Fall being played live a handful of times in late 2002, but I've never seen any evidence for it either. I can remember somebody in the band, maybe Peter, saying in an interview they rehearsed it but it didn't sound right so they opted against playing it.

This is probably the closest you'll get to seeing it live, so... enjoy? :D