What is your favourite accent?

Italian.....

Haven't heard too many 'in person' european accents (odd, considering where I live), the one that I have heard I really liked however. :oops: Perhaps I need some more exposure?

Scots only say "bloody" if they're being polite.

It's funny how a lot of people like Scottish accents, but I think most Scottish people (including me) fucking hate it when you see a Scottish person talking on TV or something (unless it's like Sean Connery or Billy Connolly, but they water the accent down - a real Scots accent is much more guttural (and unintelligible) than that).

My accent's so fuckin bad, I can hardly understand what I'm saying myself most of the time. :lol:

• English
  • Russian ( I had a Russian math professor once.........)
  • Irish
  • Scottish ( my choir teacher was Scottish but she had been so long in the US that she only brought out her strong accent when we begged her to! )
  • Colombian ( so polite !)

I have a Central American accent to my Spanish and a new yawker/lawnguylander accent when I speak English. :Smug:

BRITISH-Posh, intelligent and neuter (neither masculine nor feminine) accent.

AMERICAN-Feminine and dumb accent.

AUSTRALIAN-Annoying tuneful accent.

CANADIAN-Masculibe American accent.

i like the brasilian/portuguese accent (call me, ante! :tickled: - you must have it a bit, have you not?).
english must be the (pansy and posh) southern one (i like you anyway, rusty).
the german accent is quite sexy if pronounced by a male (if they don't spit too much :p ).

Il mio accento è buono. :Smokedev:

mourningstar said:
i like the brasilian/portuguese accent (call me, ante! :tickled: - you must have it a bit, have you not?).
english must be the (pansy and posh) southern one (i like you anyway, rusty).
the german accent is quite sexy if pronounced by a male (if they don't spit too much :p ).

weird things happen: my (english) boyfriend understands me better when i speak english with my italian accent rather than when i try with the english one :lol:

@iainduncansmith: don't know about your accent; your written italian is ok, though. *sends him a "i can successfully write an italian sentence" certificate* :p

@ante: it depends on the time of the day. a have a strict schedule to follow. i answer in italian from 9 to 10am only *clown*

@rusty: and why would you want to, sir? :Spin:

I like Welsh accents, I have no idea why...actually I dont think I neccessarily like them as such, they just amuse me! tee hee!

Im finding that my accent is probably my best asset over here in America, unless, Im going through a drive-thru and they have no idea what Im asking for, and if I dont want something like tomatoes I have to say it in that silly American way....but the worst ever, is saying Ranch dressing. All you Americans pretend that you dont know what Im saying only to force me to say it how you do...which is incredibly embarrasing.

Im fluent in Spanish...so erm, when I speak spanish I spose I have a different accent!

Geordie:
Unclear, distinctive(4/10)

Mancunian:
Hard, lazy(7/10)

Yorkshire
Emphasis on T's, friendly accent(8/10)

Brummie
Distinctive, annoying(5/10)

Southern:
Posh, weak(4/10)