What made you happy today?

I'd say it's totally worth getting, no doubt. And to me the new Alestorn is absolutely great as well!

Just given it my first listen and I must admit I'm far more impressed by it than I thought I would be!

The lyrics for 'Scraping the Barrel' are particularly funny and I like the epic-ness and use of Black Metal elements on the closing song. I'm particularly impressed by the significantly improved musicianship throughout and all songs would be worthy of being performed live!

I find it kinda funny that the song after 'Scraping the Barrel' is 'Rum'. After a song that jokes about struggling to have enough lyrics for a fourth album comes a song that shows major signs of such a struggle!

Just given it my first listen and I must admit I'm far more impressed by it than I thought I would be!

The lyrics for 'Scraping the Barrel' are particularly funny and I like the epic-ness and use of Black Metal elements on the closing song. I'm particularly impressed by the significantly improved musicianship throughout and all songs would be worthy of being performed live!

I find it kinda funny that the song after 'Scraping the Barrel' is 'Rum'. After a song that jokes about struggling to have enough lyrics for a fourth album comes a song that shows major signs of such a struggle!

I agree with every word of this post. I gotta say Shipwrecked didn't impress me too much, but I'm glad the rest of the album impressed me... mostly. Not a fan of songs like Midget Saw and Buckfast Powersmash (although the subject matter of Midget Saw is humorous, the songs like that just don't do it for me). I much prefer songs like Death Throes of the Terrorsquid - now that song blew me away! The songwriting is exactly what I love about Alestorm (the horns, the epic lyrics/musicianship, that unique Alestorm sound etc.etc.) and those black metal vocals absolutely completed the song. I certainly agree the musicianship has been improved - thank god there's not a cringeworthy ballad like that one on Black Sails at Midnight... you know the one I'm talking about :lol:

I would absolutely love to hear more songs in the vein of Terrorsquid on their next album. The drummer really helped speed things up on this album, I noticed - lots of speed! Thumbs up for Alestorm on this one... none of the 'fun' songs match Keelhauled, in my opinion, but I love how they can be tongue-in-cheek with a lot of their music and still pull out an epic like Terrorsquid.

EDIT: Oh, the Lazytown cover. One of the most fun covers I've ever heard, haha!

I like Death Before the Mast more because it sounds more like a straight-forward pirate song and the title isn't reminiscent of a grindcore album :lol:

The new Amon Amarth album rules! I'm a bit late to hearing it but holy crap!