What made you happy today?

Tyketto were pretty awesome at Corporation last night. Great setlist too. They played two new songs that sounded really good. Look forward to their new album, out in March/April next year Danny said. It was great to see a non-Metal headlining Band for a change. Shame they had no Merchandise on sale though.

And I wanna know what Danny Vaughan's been using to keep looking so young! He said he was 50 at the show but he looks about 30! The show made me feel really young too in comparison to most of the rest of the audience, most of them must've been between 30-50!

Danny said they're planning another UK tour in the Summer next year too, which is awesome.

Warbringer and Primitai were great in Leeds last night. Never been at a show where the stage is just on a slightly raised platform in the corner of a small room! Made for a very intimate show, people stage diving etc. Good fun. Got my ticket signed by John Kevill too!

Nice one Kingface! Glad you had a good one mate.

I did 6 days straight of working overtime, whilst having a cold. But I'm 100% better now and am very excited about the weekend - Winter Wonderland and staying in a London Apartment for the evening. Gonna be a nice Christmas weekend for me and Dan.

Put a PQ forum inside joke on Steve's Facebook status about a new album title, wonder if anybody caught on to it :lol:

Cycling the 6 miles to work this morning made me happy cos the weather was nice, blue skies, and I wore my new arctic buff which kept my face and neck warm in the cold winds :headbang: Always feel great after a cycle, one of the best drugs in the world!!

Tomorrow I'm attending the Knockout Festival and I'm bubbling with excitement to see Voodoo Circle, Grave Digger, Stratovarius, DragonForce, Saxon, Blind Guardian + special guest :headbang:

That is quite a knockout lineup right there, Dom ;) Let me know how all the bands are! I'm curious to see how Marc does in Dragonforce especially now that he's gone overseas and all that, and I wonder how Strato and Guardian will do as well, those guys are getting old!

Strato have been around a while, but when I last saw them live I felt that the new members had really pumped some amazing new energy into the band! They were like a young band again. Timo and Jens are the only members from the "classic" lineup now, and nobody remains from the original Strato lineup! The last two albums were really cool though.

I feel like Lauri and Matias were the best additions they could have made to the band. They both gel very well with the band and they've really stuck themselves into the songwriting process -- they wrote a lot of songs on the last two albums, and they're some of the best (Matias wrote Elysium, which is just unbelievably good). The best part is that they're both very young and have so many years ahead of them.

Lauri's been with them a while now and Matias breathes new life into the band. It's very clear how much input he's had in the past 2 albums! Had we had Tolkki, I think we would have had very stale and generic output!

Knock Out lived up to its name :D Despite leaving home at 1pm and getting home eventually at 7am :loco: it was truly epic. Modest pictures here for the interested.

Blind Guardian
ruled all as usual, followed by Saxon who were so impressive and crowd pleasing just pure, raw heavy metal energy, Dragonforce who played with Marc Hudson were as you might expect but he seriously blew me away - consistently nailing high power metal screams perfectly and improving upon old ZP songs threefold, they also played 2 new songs from the album they've recorded, "Cry Thunder" which was very melodic and catchy, and "Lost Fallen World" which they introduced as their fastest yet which was a bit underwhelming IMO. Stratovarius were also on top form and we got a farewell drum solo from Jörg Michael but I felt the crowd really didn't give them the reaction they deserved. Unfortunately missed Voodoo Circle cos our train was late which I was bitter about cos they really are excellent. Grave Digger we also missed a lot of but we got the best ones, Highland Farewell, Rebellion (The Clans are Marching) and Heavy Metal Breakdown :headbang: