What made you happy today?

Great to hear all the bands were on fire Dom! Nobody gives Strato the attention they deserve :(

All the videos I've watched of Marc have proven to me he's better than ZP in almost every way, he even sings Starfire so much better. I saw a video in which he nailed Fury of the Storm, including the key change at the end... just blew my mind. I hope he doesn't end up with Timo Kotipelto syndrome >_>

Yeah, but I dunno, even on good days he just sounds very... very tired. Dio was old but he was still amazing! Hansi Kursch, Andi Deris, Kai Hansen, they're all getting old and are in far better shape -- Kai can still sing Ride the Sky perfectly ;)

Let me see if I can find the video...

EDIT - I think this is it! Can't listen right now but this looks like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an awesome four days. Friday was a Work Meal and Night Out which was much fun. Saturday House Party at a friend's house which was also fun. Sunday my Brother, Sister-in-Law etc came round for the first time in a while which was cool.

Finally, Saxon were incredible in Sheffield last night. Hammerfall were pretty good as well, gone off them in the past year or so and I'm not too keen on the latest album but they played a good set and were certainly better than when they headlined Corporation last year. An amazing final gig of the year for me!

My friend got my copy of Octavarium signed by Mike Portnoy in Chicago!

406929_10150609199208054_215568008053_10618914_534458332_n.jpg

First official 2012 concert I have lined up. Ye gods.

Had a great weekend so far. Good night in Sheffield for a friend's Birthday on Friday night, enjoyed just chilling yesterday and just come back from my first game of Footy for about 2 months, did much better than I thought considering that.

Skeletonwitch, Fleshgod Apocalypse and The Black Dahlia Murder were all really good last night at Corporation. Got my ticket signed by the two Guitarists and Vocalist of Skeletonwitch too.

After a terrible start to the year, I celebrated my 31st birthday on Thursday and then got offered a permanent job at the place where I've been working for almost 15 months