what mid-level acts would you like to see in 2014

pat...at 2:08 look who it is....

Damn, that's awesome!!!!!!
Would have loved to seen that performance.

I seriously didn't see anyone I recognize at 2:08.
Are one of you guys in that shot?

Saw a fat guy with a cool "Power of the Night" shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that's awesome!!!!!!
Would have loved to seen that performance.

I seriously didn't see anyone I recognize at 2:08.
Are one of you guys in that shot?

Saw a fat guy with a cool "Power of the Night" shirt.

our crazy german lady freind is there in the Jex Thoth shirt. She was a HUGE fan of Pat and Mendoza.

For the record, as a band, Hour of 13 did not screw anyone over.

Let's just say there was a LOT of miscommunication between band members, and most important, one specific member. Even their label was confused with all of what was going on.

Chad feels terrible about what happened and really wanted to play.

As Bob said, sometimes, regardless of the situation, things happen where you just don't wanna "go there". That's all up to Sir Odin of course.....

Secondly, Slough Feg is not a headliner. I think they would be a perfect co-headliner.

Very true....Chad wanted to play even after it was decided that they were not going it. It was one memeber who really messed it up. It was a confusing mess.

I agree....Slough Feg is a great co-headliner. The issue is that they have toured so much and when they do play Chicago...they literally bring in like 30 people...maybe 40. But again...with a better sow to be on they may bring in more...most of the time when they are playing it is a small bar or there is zero advertising.

Yeah that KIT video is nuts. Didn't realize they had such a cult following. They were just a one-song wonder band for me, but seeing that live would have been out of this world. Very cool.

Honestly I was thinking the same thing....they had a real high slot as well. Every song that wasnt a new one had the same effect on the crowd....everyone singing along. The new stuff sounds great....very much like the old stuff. Almost as if they wrote the songs back in the 80's and just release them now. I was scared everytime he said...this is a new one that will be on the new album....thenit ended up being good. Unlike many bands who been inactive for decades and try to write new songs.

I heard that the new Paradoxx sounded like nu metal

wouldnt surprise me....they don't play real metal shows here...this is why when Odin booked them lots of locals were like "why"??? I see them booked for cover band shows and opening for washed up rock acts. I am glad people from out of of town got to see them and they did a good job but I really don't get the hype around them.

Honestly I was thinking the same thing....they had a real high slot as well. Every song that wasnt a new one had the same effect on the crowd....everyone singing along. The new stuff sounds great....very much like the old stuff. Almost as if they wrote the songs back in the 80's and just release them now. I was scared everytime he said...this is a new one that will be on the new album....thenit ended up being good. Unlike many bands who been inactive for decades and try to write new songs.

Yeah I think they did 6 new songs and I recall 5 out of 6 being great and one just okay. Looking forward to the new album.

Chris Black and I talked about this when they were playing, their new stuff sounded more grunge/alternative. Pretty shit. BUt the old stuff sounded good.

30755552.jpg

Simon...I am one of the busiest men in Chicago and I find time to do stuff. Get off facebook and live life.

I also would love to see....

Faith or Fear
Q5 - they played HOA a few years back
Ruthless

I saw Faith or Fear and they were not that great. Maybe it was just in comparison to Solitude kicking ass. Also from what I gathered they were kind of dicks, they certainly had that heir about them. I also seem to remember Matt witnessing something where they were really rude to some fan at the show.

Any dick smack teenager or early 20 something who blows loads over Municipal Waste, DRI, and Suicidal Tendencies in the year 2013, but isn't DOWN with Ludichri$t needs to seriously LEAVE THE HALL!!!!

wouldnt surprise me....they don't play real metal shows here...this is why when Odin booked them lots of locals were like "why"??? I see them booked for cover band shows and opening for washed up rock acts. I am glad people from out of of town got to see them and they did a good job but I really don't get the hype around them.

Maybe it is good that I did not pursue it then.:lol:
This is a common occurrence with older U.S. bands especially those who might have put out a really small release in some certain sub-genre and then virtually disappeared from that scene. These bands will often tend to resurrect or decide to step away from the cover gig and try to be a real band again and write new material. When they do they are so often way out of touch or they try to make it "modern sounding" (popular term for 50 year old band guys). This causes the material to usually come out nu-metal or whatever but certainly nowhere as good as what they did 20-30 years earlier.
This is more common in the U.S. than it is with European bands.

Any dick smack teenager or early 20 something who blows loads over Municipal Waste, DRI, and Suicidal Tendencies in the year 2013, but isn't DOWN with Ludichri needs to seriously LEAVE THE HALL!!!!

You act like they're a well known band. Honestly before this thread I had never heard of Ludichrist. Any youtube clips, etc.?

WHAT?????
They were a major COMBAT CORE band.....
Sorry, it's just a generational thing then if you don't know who they are...

Here are some of my favs:

Last edited by a moderator:
You act like they're a well known band. Honestly before this thread I had never heard of Ludichrist. Any youtube clips, etc.?

Well they are a pretty classic name but if you weren't into these things back in the day then it would have passed you by.
In all honesty none of the names mentioned are much bigger or smaller than the next especially in the U.S. I have always found it humorous how some people will consider one "bigger" than the next because they know the name, or x band has been around longer than Y; all these bands are playing the same shitty clubs as everyone else, most are on just as small indie labels as everyone else, all pull about the same amount of people on their own, and there can be even more comparsions; so what makes AAtacker bigger than say TTD? (rhetorical)