What other GMDers influenced your music taste the most?

Is he the same crimsonfloyd that has some reviews on Metal-Archives?

If so, I like some of his descriptions in his reviews, like the one for Pure Holocaust:

"Then, when the song peaks, with Abbath croaking “unslient storms in the north abyss,” the guitars open into a tortuously beautiful bridge that is so vivid that one can almost see the abyss consuming the horizon in sheer blackness."

The part he's describing is actually my favourite part on the whole album and I've never been able to adequately describe how I feel about it.

Reactions: CiG
I've just listened to a track from Drown in Solitude thanks to your post. What the actual fuck are these vocals?! They sound like an elephant. I'm laughing so much at this song right now.

Everyone needs to listen to this, it's fucking hilarious.

I think the music itself is decent. This, one the other hand:

Reactions: Phylactery
What the fuck was that?

I agree that musically the Drown in Solitude isn't completely awful, but it's still full of awkward transitions and I'd never listen to even if the vocals were tolerable.

I think this is as bad as what you just posted, maybe even worse:

SentinelSlain introduced me to KaS Product who I think were my most listened-to group last year, so danke for that.

I've just listened to a track from Drown in Solitude thanks to your post. What the actual fuck are these vocals?! They sound like an elephant. I'm laughing so much at this song right now.

Everyone needs to listen to this, it's fucking hilarious.

Lyrics are hilarious too.

What the fuck was that?

I agree that musically the Drown in Solitude isn't completely awful, but it's still full of awkward transitions and I'd never listen to even if the vocals were tolerable.

I think this is as bad as what you just posted, maybe even worse:

Trollkotze is German for "troll puke", so at least it's honest about what it delivers.

Reactions: Phylactery and CiG
When it comes to comfort zone, it was Mort that started me on my path into Protest the Hero. I am thankful every day for his kind guidance.

All of the people that I'm following on here, except @MetalAges (No offense, Deron!), are people who I think have pretty good music taste and I would accept recommendations from any of them.

Is he the same crimsonfloyd that has some reviews on Metal-Archives?

If so, I like some of his descriptions in his reviews, like the one for Pure Holocaust:

"Then, when the song peaks, with Abbath croaking “unslient storms in the north abyss,” the guitars open into a tortuously beautiful bridge that is so vivid that one can almost see the abyss consuming the horizon in sheer blackness."

The part he's describing is actually my favourite part on the whole album and I've never been able to adequately describe how I feel about it.

Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, I have almost no time to write reviews these days. I'm hoping to find time to write some this summer.

For me it was pretty obviously Dodens Grav when I first joined but also very much people like Malign Paradigm, audiophileguy, Erik, Doomcifer, Jean Pierre and even VVVVV. Although I don't post here much I do look in on the forum semi regularly and now it's more about seeing what other people who have similar interests are talking about. People like MasterYoda, rms, Omni and Hamburgerboy.

Here's to another ten years of madness.