What Should they make album/songs about? What kind of music styles should be used?

just some quick thoughts... on the next album...

longer songs, more change ups, longer album, better equilibrium with death vocals/clean , more hallow sorrowful evil melodic riffs, more speed picking, more twisted acoustic interludes, more haunting keyboards, more seriousness like still life, more frightening atmospheric music with the death vocals parts, longer solo's, lyrics with the cd.

They should go LARPing in a grim and frothsty forset with Legolas

There should be a metuhl interpretation of CTTE or TAAB were Per runs around playing the ORGANZ OV DOOM with his hair on fire.

Rewrite Black Rose Immortal with the skillz and transitions of 2009 Opeth. Seriously. Do it already.

Err... Credence. What I'm saying is they should write another song that sounds like Credence. :)

Lord, what was I smoking? :Smokin:

<Bangs head against wall>

Sorry about my little brain fart, but for some reason I was thinking you were referring to Creedence Clearwater Revival, and of course I couldn't think of any Opeth that sounds like CCR!

I guess that's what I get for just listening to the CDs and not paying as much attention to the song titles. Dummy me........:erk:

I'd like to see them keep evolving with where they have been going (like the weirdness of 'Lotus Eaters'), keep it eclectic and mix it up.

They should do a cover for one of these songs:
In the name of God - Dream Theater
War Ensemble - Slayer
Artifacts of the Black Rain - In Flames
Dry run - Dark Tranquillity
Ocean Land - Orphaned Land

any of them is acceptable for me :)

In the Name of God?? Well that's an idea. But I think they should do a cover that I never heard the name of before to let me discover another band that Mikael likes, instead of modern and popular shits.

They should do a cover for one of these songs:
In the name of God - Dream Theater
War Ensemble - Slayer
Artifacts of the Black Rain - In Flames
Dry run - Dark Tranquillity
Ocean Land - Orphaned Land

any of them is acceptable for me :)

I second the motion for War Ensemble!

Edit: Would love to see Mikael take on Tom's "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr" in the middle of the song.

the album needs to be a symphonic black/power metal album with lyrics about emo ninja dinosaurs