What sort of pick do you use and why?

I decided to pick up this tear dropped real thick pick today at the guitar store and I'm really like it !!!! It's a Dunlop Jazztone and it's really thick and gives a heavy tone compared to the Jazz III. Plus its going a lot of grip on it.
I'm starting to enjoy it a lot..

The Jazztones are great picks. I used them for a long time and still use them a bit here and there. About the grip though....it really only lasts about a day. Once that coating wears off, which is quick, they are pretty slick. Great tone out of them, but they aren't ideal for sweaty-handed players.

Cool, can you tell us how thick it is?

Got it today. They have the exact same shape as the Dunlop Jazz Tortex picks, and its about 1.5 mm thick. Nice grip, I like it more than I thought I would. I might switch to those picks :)

^ Hey thanks dude.

Weird, cuz I was already like: he's gotta be using 1.5's.
Cool, I'll order some of these.

Man I knew I'm psychic..

^ Hey thanks dude.

Weird, cuz I was already like: he's gotta be using 1.5's.
Cool, I'll order some of these.

Man I knew I'm psychic..

Psychic...and WRONG.

Seriously though, MJR used to have custom imprinted Dunlop Tortex Jazz #3 picks at 1.14mm. The current ones that InTune is making for him are basically the same specs. They are 1.14mm GrippX-XJ Delrin Jazz picks.

Glenn

^ Ooops that was close.

Anyway I'll check THESE out. My picking technique is very similar to MJR's so maybe I'll like em better.

Cheers

Psychic...and WRONG.

Seriously though, MJR used to have custom imprinted Dunlop Tortex Jazz #3 picks at 1.14mm. The current ones that InTune is making for him are basically the same specs. They are 1.14mm GrippX-XJ Delrin Jazz picks.

Glenn

It's weird because when I compare with my 0.7 mm and 0.9 mm picks, it really seems to be around 1.5 mm. It's about as thick as those two sticked together...