What SymX song would you like to see covered..

Originally posted by Mexus
Nobody! I find that a band should concentrate on their own songwriting instead of covering other bands. It`s just so simple and unimaginative to steal someone`s ideas! Period!

How are cover songs 'stealing someone's ideas'? More often than not, they are a bands way of paying tribute to another band, perhaps one that has been an influence for them..not stealing anything from anyone.

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle

How are cover songs 'stealing someone's ideas'? More often than not, they are a bands way of paying tribute to another band, perhaps one that has been an influence for them..not stealing anything from anyone.

I agree that paying tribute to your favorite band (eg by covering a song) is a nice gesture.
IMO,nevertheless, it`s more important to create something new with your own notions instead of reproducing something already known...`stealing someone`s ideas`is the wrong expression in this context, I confess! Let`s say "making an adaptation".

My old band used to do fallen... good tune, we got half way through learning The bird Serpent war, and they got sick of it and wanted to play old metallica tunes, so i kicked 'em out.

Now i'm bandless, not a smart move i don't think.

Originally posted by Trapped
My old band used to do fallen... good tune, we got half way through learning The bird Serpent war, and they got sick of it and wanted to play old metallica tunes, so i kicked 'em out.

Now i'm bandless, not a smart move i don't think.

:D ROFL :D

Candlelight Fantasia done by Pain Of Salvation, of course adapted to their style :D

X-Greets,
Knight_ (wondering how would it come out)

OH!!! and also Of Sins And Shadows by RAGE!!! :D

Argh!!

This was my post in the other "Covers" thread...

I don't want any SX song to be covered!
SX are UNIQUE! And if anyone attempts (even in the slightest) to rip off Sir Russell, my wrath will come upon you!

OMG!! My other #1 SX song Out Of The Ashes covered by Maiden... Nooooooooooooo any other, but not Maiden. Please!!

I agree with Mexus.
>it`s more important to create something new with your own notions instead of reproducing<

What's Wrong with you ppl ? It supposes that when a band does a cover song from other band it means is IN HONOR to Them!! not to Rip off or anything related ;) haven't you heard any Tribute CD.. like Working Man ? btw Mike pinnella and MJR play on that CD :headbang: RUSH kicks ass! :D

Heh!

I didn't say "Rip Off" as far as tributes go, man *lol*

Tributes are a great way to honor a band, yes, I agree. And some bands really deserve(d) a tribute.

And on me (desperately) defending Sir Russell... He... My "personal" tribute to such a fine and awesome singer! *bows*

And Rush rule, yeapp!!!! Closely followed by SX!

My two cents ;)

NP: Out Of The Ashes

well thats what Song covers are all about honoring to the band playing 1 of their songs

yup i agree :)
I can perfectly admit the idea of someone wanting to do a cover song of SyX to make them honour, and i won't be cryin because it won't sound like Russ' singin, or MJR playin guitar and so on... it's NATURAL no??? if not, only SyX's clones would be admitted to do a SyX cover!!! :D
Something that would make me get pissed would be a TRUE rippin off... one of those made just to steal someone's ideas... :mad: but this would go under another thread here in the forum, and i don't really wanna be the one to start it LOL! :D

X-Greets,
Knight_