whats better, early Dimmu.B or recent?

.Carnage

Dec 3, 2005
erm... Alot of people feel that the old stuff is way better, but then theres a bunch who disagree... personally i like all of it

whats your take?

I actually enjoy both early and recent Dimmu Borgir, good band imo. Their last album is a bit "meh" though.

Holly.R.Wells said:
..or i could have asked specifically, instead of diff. types of dimmu borgir disgussion.

As you can see, practically every thread is written off as shit. So don't worry about everyones crap, browse around for a little bit, familiarize yourself with all the threads being made and they should be off of your backs.

As for the matter of Dimmu Borgir, I've only heard their new stuff and I don't like it that much. What does their old stuff sound like?

I like both old and new in different ways, and for different reasons...I like EDT and SBD the most though...just the overall sound of those albums is really appealing to me. PEM is really good too IMO.

Holly.R.Wells said:
erm... Alot of people feel that the old stuff is way better, but then theres a bunch who disagree... personally i like all of it

whats your take?

Stormblast through Spiritual Black Dimensions is the best era. The newer stuff lacks atmosphere but there are still some good songs to be found.

Zack said:
As you can see, practically every thread is written off as shit. So don't worry about everyones crap, browse around for a little bit, familiarize yourself with all the threads being made and they should be off of your backs.

As for the matter of Dimmu Borgir, I've only heard their new stuff and I don't like it that much. What does their old stuff sound like?

Stormblast, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and Spiritual Black Dimensions are three of the best melodic black metal albums ever. Significantly better than their newer material though PEM is still good.

It depends what you mean by "best." The last couple were technically better than earlier material & had better production...but I think that's what pissed a lot of old fans off!

I personally love 'em all! ;)

Teh Grimarse said:
:hasnt seen J-P in a while:

'sup dude

Not much, working my ass off at the university, frantically searching for employment at the moment. I found a living colour comic book in the 10 cent bin at a local record store, and in it they teach Axle Rose about racism. It made me think of you and how you love to exercise at DEP shows. :loco: