whats better, early Dimmu.B or recent?

Demiurge said:
The older material is better, but even that is nothing special.

busy_bog.gif

Holly.R.Wells said:
erm... Alot of people feel that the old stuff is way better, but then theres a bunch who disagree... personally i like all of it

whats your take?
generic guitars overblown with keyboards

Ex-cally-boo said:
EDIT: I thought this was a different thread, my appologies.

Anyways, I agree there.

'Generic'? Perhaps, but the focus isn't really on the guitar but on the whole track. And of course you can never get enough keyboards...

Impudent said:
Damn, now I want to hear that video game music.

Edit: Just found some info thanks to Google.

Heh! That's pretty interesting...it's kind of like Dragonforce ripping off the original 'Double Dragon' theme in 'Blood for Blood.' :p

For All Tid remains my fav Dimmu album. But I enjoy each release, with the exception of the new Stormblast (which I just can't get into).

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Why do you like that piece of shit?

Pile of shit is a bit harsh... but yeah I don't like it myself. I think it's their worst album.

VampyrRose said:
Sorry, but I'd go as far as to say For All Tid is a 'masterpiece'.

....and Stormblast is overrated!
:OMG: Stormblast (original version) is the bomb. For All Tid is sloppy, strange and disorganized.

Thoth-Amon said:
:OMG: Stormblast (original version) is the bomb. For All Tid is sloppy, strange and disorganized.

*sighs* Everyone says Stormblast it the best DB album...I think For All Tid is much better. The atmopshere, the melancholic feel....and everything else, I think is stronger on For All Tid. Stormblast has too much keyboard melody in it.

VampyrRose said:
*sighs* Everyone says Stormblast it the best DB album...I think For All Tid is much better. The atmopshere, the melancholic feel....and everything else, I think is stronger on For All Tid. Stormblast has too much keyboard melody in it.

Actually I would say SB is my 3rd fav by them after SBD and EDT, SBD being the best. I really like all of the keyboard in SB and the atmosphere is awesome one of the most atmospheric metal albums I've ever heard (along with Transilvanian Hunger of course). Well to each his own but I feel that the material and atmosphere are just much better on SB.