Metallica: New or Old?

Sunlapse said:
new Metallica easily. puny little albums like Master Of Puppets or RTL can't hold a candle to kick ass albums like Load, i think this one's a no-brainer.

Just for the record...Master of Puppets set the fucking bar as far as thrash metal in the 80's...you might not like it, but calling it "puny" as opposed to Load or Re-Load is a bit much in my opinion...

AllWithinMyMonster said:
I'm probably the only one on this board who likes the entire Metallica catalogue. So coming from a Metallica fanboy (Call me what you will, Just don't call me late for dinner)

Old Metallica Crushes New Metallica.

I agree...I like all their shit (except St. Anger - can't get past that awful drum sound)...but in my book, there is no comparison between old and new...

JB

USMC0341 said:
Just for the record...Master of Puppets set the fucking bar as far as thrash metal in the 80's...you might not like it, but calling it "puny" as opposed to Load or Re-Load is a bit much in my opinion...

Irony, good sir.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Cliff Burton fanboys really suck.

Ditto.
And please, can we stop talking about Metallica. I'm so sick of that fucking band.
Not that any of you will heed my request but I have to put it out there.

Kill 'em all - really, really good.. my favorite kind of music.. Of my most appreciated albums.. Whiplash, No Remorse and Metal Militia are DEFINITELY some of the best songs I know..
Ride the Lightning - also very good.. everybody whines about Escape, how commercial the song is but I really like the sound.. still raw and unpolished, Fade to Black and Trapped under Ice are the two songs from this album that I like most..

the rest - master of puppets has two decent songs (Battery and Master of Puppets) but it's already becoming less than a shade of the first two albums.. After Master of Puppets I don't like any albums anymore (except for Load and Reload because of the good memories I have of the time I listened to those two albums)
S&M is for me the worst album ever.. even worse than Britney Spears.. A really bad wannabe Deep Purple Lookalike album..

Sunlapse said:
new Metallica easily. puny little albums like Master Of Puppets or RTL can't hold a candle to kick ass albums like Load, i think this one's a no-brainer.

You had better be stoned or some shit,

new "metallica" is shit. Hey lars where did your double kick pedal go? oh what sorry you sold it along with everything that METALica stood for... i thought so, bob rock: hey guys i got a great idea, why don't we make some shitty pop rock (if that is even a real term) and sell some shit music to reel in some teenie bopper fuckwits for more booze money, James : i dunno man, i really like playin hardcore, :bob rock : oh come on, i'll give you some coke, James: oh ok.

OK now i've had my fun, seriously though, load and reload?!?!?!?!?! what the fuck is that about, if it was released in the 90's by metallica, then it sucked arse, Now, ...And Justice For All, best of their albums anytime ever, they should have stopped there, every thing since then has been well, no good really, 80's metallica, with cliff burton (R.I.P) great shit, 90's "metallica"
Shit altogether.

um, Old Metallica.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Cliff Burton fanboys really suck.

I'll take that as a compliment...and for the record, I don't think there is any real debate to the musical talent of Cliff Burton, whether you like Metallica or not...the guy was a very talented and musically aggressive bassist.

...and watch who you call "boy"... :hotjump:

Hmm, I'll give my votes:

Kill em all: Brilliant
Ride the Lightning: Doesn't get much better.
Master of puppets: Good
And Justice for all : Boring at times but good for a listen
Black Album: Over rated
Load: Excellent
Reload: Good
Garage inc: Brilliant
St.Anger: Hahaha.

Seriously, Load I think is a killer album, if you don't try and compare it to the old stuff. I love it and can listen to it over and over. It's an album that catches my attention and keeps me intrested.

bob rock: hey guys i got a great idea, why don't we make some shitty pop rock (if that is even a real term) and sell some shit music to reel in some teenie bopper fuckwits for more booze money, James : i dunno man, i really like playin hardcore, :bob rock : oh come on, i'll give you some coke, James: oh ok.
:lol: