whats better, early Dimmu.B or recent?

What's the go with that new Stormblast? Is it any good? It's just a re-recorded version of the original, yeah?

BigJim said:
What's the go with that new Stormblast? Is it any good? It's just a re-recorded version of the original, yeah?

It's good, not nearly as good as the original. It's worth getting if you're a big fan but not so otherwise. They cut the intro off of the first track.... WHY?! But track 2 sounds great, the synths and drums especially. I like it but its not mandatory.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I like it, but I'm not a tr00 kvlt black metal warrior. I suppose its not as grim and necro as the origional, but I prefer the new version because Silenoz actually knows how to play a guitar now.
:lol:

Thoth-Amon said:
It's good, not nearly as good as the original. It's worth getting if you're a big fan but not so otherwise. They cut the intro off of the first track.... WHY?! But track 2 sounds great, the synths and drums especially. I like it but its not mandatory.

They cut the intro? What, completely?! That was one of the coolest parts of the album! :(

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I like it, but I'm not a tr00 kvlt black metal warrior. I suppose its not as grim and necro as the origional, but I prefer the new version because Silenoz actually knows how to play a guitar now.

Hehe good point, some songs of the new Stormblast are great but they could leave Sorgens Kammer the fuck alone they could only modify it with some orchestral elements.

BigJim said:
They cut the intro? What, completely?! That was one of the coolest parts of the album! :(

Yup. It was one of the best parts of the album. I'm dumbfounded.

(M)aggoT said:
Hehe good point, some songs of the new Stormblast are great but they could leave Sorgens Kammer the fuck alone they could only modify it with some orchestral elements.

Are you talking about the original Sorgens Kammer? They couldn't put that on the new album because their keyboardist stole music from a video game and put it into that song. That's why it got the axe on the re-make.

Thoth-Amon said:
Are you talking about the original Sorgens Kammer? They couldn't put that on the new album because their keyboardist stole music from a video game and put it into that song. That's why it got the axe on the re-make.

Haha! Is that true? Which video game?

BigJim said:
Haha! Is that true? Which video game?
Don't know which one, but I'm positive that that is true. Stian didn't tell the other band members that he had used music from a video game until after it was released.

Damn, now I want to hear that video game music.

Edit: Just found some info thanks to Google.

Thoth-Amon said:
Don't know which one, but I'm positive that that is true. Stian didn't tell the other band members that he had used music from a video game until after it was released.
good to know. that was not nice of the keyboardist now was it? i actually liked that amiga game, agony. i couldn't remember the music if my life depended on it, though.
i wonder if they cut out the intro to th first song for the same sort of reason. otherwise it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to cut that out.
i am really glad they got hellhammer for the drums on the rerecording. much much better than the original. i doubt nick barker would have done a better job, if he were around for this one.