What's so special about Opeth?

It's funny reading their opinions, mainly because they don't mean fucking shit to me. And it shouldn't to any Opeth fan. You either get it, or you don't, simple as that.

because its OBVIOUSLY harder playing fast guitar than creating dimensional, emotional, memorable, catchy and inspirational music! wait...

Wow, now I know I don't want to join that forum. Almost all of those posts are at a level I might expect from a mentally retarded individual. The only thing worth agreeing with was that all opinions are biased in nature. I would quote some of the ridiculous things and post about how :erk: they are but frankly there are way too many.

It's funny reading their opinions, mainly because they don't mean fucking shit to me. And it shouldn't to any Opeth fan. You either get it, or you don't, simple as that.

One could say the same thing about Korn or Slipknot. Why is Opeth different? That's what the OP's asking.

One could say the same thing about Korn or Slipknot. Why is Opeth different? That's what the OP's asking.

You have a valid point. It's just a matter of taste for atmospheric and epic music such as Opeth, to me. People who are more into DM and BM find it hard to get into Opeth as though it seems to all in that thread.

It was a thread like this a few years ago that made me realize that Opeth really weren't all that special, just another good metal band, not close to the best out there!

I like the one where the guy said Opeth's heavy parts were the audio equivalent of refried beans. Sounds like somebody just isn't paying attention to the details!