What's so special about Opeth?

this quote from that forum tells me a lot:

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're a good band, they're just overrated is all. I like Orchid alot.

and here's someone with some sense:

lastdodobird
Metal newbie

Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opeth isn't bad. It's just the fanboys that make the people here hate them.

I'm an Opeth fan myself, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that they're the best band in the world or that they're the most progressive band in the world or that they're the "pink floyd of metal" - wtf does that mean anyway?

For me, they're good and I enjoy listening to them. That's that.

this one is quite good, though, i have to admit, haha:

gayopethan4zd0.jpg

I like Metal Archives for the fact that it literally has a largest database of bands I have ever seen on one site; it also helps that you can find whatever you are looking for just by giving a few key words.

The point system is a good idea if it is not abused, but -- that in itself is the problem with all systems.

Ultraboris.....ehh; he's given some good reviews (then again, I'm quite partial to some of the bands he cocksucked for points) - I will say this though. You CANNOT take the album rating percentage to be an accurate measurment of the albums quality itself, only you can do that. The good and the bad reviews just help flesh out the different opinions of people. For people who love old school thrash and aren't into some of the more melodic and non-straightforward song structures, well, then Ultraboris' reviews may be good on intention.

I will say he was definately hard on Opeth though....I mean damn.

I like Metal Archives for the fact that it literally has a largest database of bands I have ever seen on one site; it also helps that you can find whatever you are looking for just by giving a few key words.

The point system is a good idea if it is not abused, but -- that in itself is the problem with all systems.

Ultraboris.....ehh; he's given some good reviews (then again, I'm quite partial to some of the bands he cocksucked for points) - I will say this though. You CANNOT take the album rating percentage to be an accurate measurment of the albums quality itself, only you can do that. The good and the bad reviews just help flesh out the different opinions of people. For people who love old school thrash and aren't into some of the more melodic and non-straightforward song structures, well, then Ultraboris' reviews may be good on intention.

I will say he was definately hard on Opeth though....I mean damn.

His reasoning for giving Opeth a low score is better than most peoples reasoning for giving them a high one.

did you notice that st anger gets 1 points when master gets 0? that means master is infinitely worse than st anger. lol

the guy is obviously full of shit and is really not worth talking about.