Whats the best Katatonia Album?

Prophetix

Devon killed Buddy
Sep 4, 2001
Dawlat elBa7rain
www.opeth.com
I just wanna know. I wanna get into this band and I dunno where to start. Im a huge Opeth fan and people told me this band is very much similar to Opeths music so here I am,.

Could you tell me whats a really good album I should start with this band? Many people told me of "Tonights Decision" but I dunno :rolleyes:

GET THEM ALL!!! *g*
No...well i guess you should start with 'discouraged ones'...in some matter 'tonights decision' will sound a bit like a continue of 'discouraged ones' to you later.
'Last fair deal gone down' is a very good standalone album and i'm sure...if ya like the other ones, you will love this one, too.
'Brave Murder Day' is a little bit difficult to start with, cause with later Albums you'll get a quite different Impression of Katatonia. But at last...it's a great album as well and if you look close, you'll see that the basic atmosphere didn't really change that much today.
Well, however....if you like Katatonia, none of these albums would be a bad choice...they're all great.

Katatonia is much better than Opeth, IMHO™. Not that I don't appreciate what I've heard of Opeth so far. Which is Blackwater park, and it's a very interesting album.
As far as Katatonia go, Brave Murder Day is a good album, but I prefer Tonight's Decision better.

I just randomly opted to check out Katatonia erm today in fact. I am popping my Katatonia album cherry as I type yeeeeehaw

The best Katatonia album for me is Discouraged Ones...it,s the deepest abyss of emotional breakdown...

Last Fair Deal Gone Down is the greatest Katatonia album.. no doubt about it.

Second to it are Brave Murder Day and Tonight's Decision.

All are amazing albums.

Originally posted by Culture_AK47
IMO Opeth are way better than Katatonia!!

Thanks for letting us know... ;)

I think they're completely different so it's difficult to say one way or the other. I usually listen to Katatonia more often, although when I'm in the mood for Opeth there's nothing better. I prefer Katatonia though.

I went all out out of order getting Katatonia. I think I started with Tonight's Decision, then got Last Fair Deal Gone Down, the Discouraged Ones, then Brave Murder Day. It might have been nice to do it chronologically, but it worked out.

I love all that I've got, but personally, I'd recommend starting with Tonight's Decision or LFDGD. Brave Murder Day doesn't really represent their overall sound because of the vocals, and I don't think Discouraged Ones is as consistent all the way through as the more recent ones. (And "For My Demons" and "Clean Today" are two of my favouritest songs ever!)

Does anyone else think Tonight's Decision sounds a lot like the Cure, though?