which album is better?

Had you down on your knees
We were kicking you in the head
We tried to hang you from the trees
We didn't stop until you were dead

That song changed my life forever

All three are great in their own way, and you really can't go wrong buying any or all of them. I personally enjoy Tonight's Decision the most over those 3.

THANX TO EVERY1 who gave me their opinions.. and your rite, im gona eventually get all the katatonia albums (to every1 who said that) but i had just heard a lot of their stuf of the internet and from cds from magazines so i got Viva Emptiness today and it RULZ so as my 1st kata album im well pleased

thanx again

\m/

D3v4S7A710N said:
Had you down on your knees
We were kicking you in the head
We tried to hang you from the trees
We didn't stop until you were dead

That song changed my life forever
lolz......damn my sarcasm-o-meter broke:mad:

scott89 said:
THANX TO EVERY1 who gave me their opinions.. and your rite, im gona eventually get all the katatonia albums (to every1 who said that) but i had just heard a lot of their stuf of the internet and from cds from magazines so i got Viva Emptiness today and it RULZ so as my 1st kata album im well pleased

thanx again

\m/
good job but now get last fair deal and the great cold distance!
:heh: you will love 'em

scott89 said:

thanx again

\m/
You ain't heard nothin' yet..

what he heard was one of katatonia's strongest efforts if not the strongest.

AngelinaBlakkheim said:
Ah, come on... what's SO great about VE and not the older ones? It's not that I dislike it, but I think there're way better albums than that one. What about TD and LFDGD, for example? :mad:
Any of the last three cds could easily be my favorite and td and do are both amazing but not on par with those 3 and nothing before the clean vocals comes within a gazillion miles of touching those. There is a lot more emotion to be had in clean vocals. Plus the song structures are way more coherent since the clean vocals and everything is there for a reason meaning it's there for the song not for the part. as far as drumming goes it was pretty plane almost boring until daniel took helm and jonas' voice has sounded more beautiful with every release and I think on tgcd is the greatest leap in beautiful vocals by him yet. and the guitars and bass are just a lot more interesting since the last 3 cds. There are songs that depress me more on the last 3 cds like dissolving bonds and my sweet nurse, etc. etc.

p.s. your title says nihilist so I guess you don't believe in anything especially not which cd is best. :lol:

LFDGD is the pinnacle of those mentioned. Viva Emptiness is close and has some even stronger material IMO, but the album as a whole isn't as strong as LFDGD imo, that album is love hate for me I love - fucking LOVE Evidence, Complicity, Omerta, City of Dreams, Criminals, Sleeper...absolutey don't care for the rest - it's hard for me not to skip the middle, even after hearing them dozens of times. Great beginning, great ending, lackluster middle IMO. Tonight's Decision is great and has some essential tunes on it, but much of the material just hasn't held up compared to the last three IMO. LFDGD also marks the direction of the last three albums as the prototype of sorts, I mean it's like the first step in making these last three in moving firmly into that space all three are, Tonight's Decision is closer to Discouraged Ones kinda at the crossroads between the older and newer sounds if split down the middle. I think TGCD is the best Kat release yet though, so that's where I'm coming from FYI.

hhmm I fully agree with one of the previous posts, someone some person
LFDGD is overall better than viva, but some of the individual songs from the album are stronger than lfdgd.
But to settle everything Viva is a good start, a very good start

AngelinaBlakkheim said:
Ah, come on... what's SO great about VE and not the older ones? It's not that I dislike it, but I think there're way better albums than that one. What about TD and LFDGD, for example? :mad:
Damn right! Though it's almost impossible for me to put K albums in any order, I still think that BMD, DO, TD, LFDGD and TGCD is better than VE. So to me VE is only 6th best album of all time.

And for your initial question, Scott89, my suggestion is to get them all at once. That way you don't have raffle which one to get :lol: