which album is better?

scott89

Scotatonia
Oct 26, 2006
Northern Ireland, UK
tomorrow im hoping to get another Katatonia album... i cant make up my mind which one to get, my choices are Viva Emptiness, Last Fair Deal Gone Down and Tonights Decision.

Could anyone hepl me out and tell me which one would be a better purchase??

thanx

Oh well.. this has been asked so many times... I think if you browse the forum for old thread, you'll find millions.

I don't know, actually I think maybe it's better if you get them in order of appeareance... Opinions vary and for example I can say 'get Dance of December Souls and Brave Murder Day' because those are my faves, but then another one comes and says 'you should get Discouraged Ones' or etc, and you'll end up getting mad and very confused, hah, so you can do that or try listening to some of the samples on the official site of the band and then maybe you're able to decide which one to choose. It's not the same buying BMD or VE, so perhaps you'd better take a little listen to some of the songs and then decide, I don't know... just a suggestion.

AngelinaBlakkheim said:
Oh well.. this has been asked so many times... I think if you browse the forum for old thread, you'll find millions.

I don't know, actually I think maybe it's better if you get them in order of appeareance... Opinions vary and for example I can say 'get Dance of December Souls and Brave Murder Day' because those are my faves, but then another one comes and says 'you should get Discouraged Ones' or etc, and you'll end up getting mad and very confused, hah, so you can do that or try listening to some of the samples on the official site of the band and then maybe you're able to decide which one to choose. It's not the same buying BMD or VE, so perhaps you'd better take a little listen to some of the songs and then decide, I don't know... just a suggestion.

thanx for the advice, il do that

My first was Tonight's Decison. I ended up loving it and purchasing more, but you don't get any better advice than to sample songs first and then make your decision.

i would easily go with Last Fair Deal Gone Down.......but that's just me...anyways any kata album is worth yer bucks

Simple Get them all!

But given cost and stuff i guess you will only get one at a time. I gather the only album you have is 'TGCD'

Maybe you will want either 'viva' or 'LFDGD' as it has the current line up, and it has the more contemporary sound

You loose out until you have all