Whats the deal with Metalcore?

I also like chicken. As long as its prepared properly. Taco John's gets it wrong...and I end up barfing all over the place.

Norma jean is SO BAD wow jesus christ. That's the worst shit I've ever heard. Metalcore sucks ass because

1. They all do the same Dun dun dun jun jun E E E E E break down in every single song.
2.The scene absolutely sucks dick. Wearing Train hats and girl jeans is not cool.
3. every single band has Die in their name or death. Let me list a few
-As I lay dying
-It dies today
-Everytime I die
-Diekotic
-The red Death
-Death by dying < (What the fuck)
Cephalic Carnage rules because they made a song that makes fun of metalcore. "Dying will be the death of me" lmao. It even has that dumb breakdown in it.

4. They all get laid because they're part of the scene. Lame as fuck
5. Have you seen them mosh? lol!!!

I'm gettin angry talkin about it it's too generic

Black Rain said:
Norma jean is SO BAD wow jesus christ. That's the worst shit I've ever heard. Metalcore sucks ass because

1. They all do the same Dun dun dun jun jun E E E E E break down in every single song.
2.The scene absolutely sucks dick. Wearing Train hats and girl jeans is not cool.
-As I lay dying
-It dies today
-Everytime I die
-Diekotic
-The red Death
Cephalic Carnage rules because they made a song that makes fun of metalcore. "Dying will be the death of me" lmao. It even has that dumb breakdown in it.

LMAO DEATH BY DYING

Avenged Sevenfold is nowhere near metal, or even metalcore. The Red Chord is grind. Trivium's music is bland, though they are talented. Between the Buried and Me and Shadows Fall are possibly the only good metalcore bands (though BTBAM does incorporate some elements from death [mainly growls] and Shadows Fall incorporates melodeath and thrash elements.) I mainly don't like most of the metalcore bands because the sound is too polished, and they all sound the same.

I'd have to say that Nile and Opeth are two of (if not the) best death metal bands evAr, because their sound is nothing like any other bands'.

Metalcore is the rock version of ** COMMERICAL POP**. There's nothing metal about metalcore, its about as close to metal as a Metaliica country music record is.

Full of pussies wearing that stupid striped shit with the same haircut as everyone else who wears a pink tshirt, jeans halfway down their ass and mascara. Give me a break, how fucking pathetic.

There is NO TALENT in metalcore, its a diluted, stripdown version of hard rock mixed with the (now totally unoriginal) Epitaph style skatepunk sound, with some tryhard dark elements thrown in. All the ingredients for marketing pseudo-angst music to impressionable teenagers who feel like theyre different but really are as original as Brittany Spears is to Madonna.

I seriously can not believe the people in these bands arent embarrassed of themselves. It's not even music and you cant tell one band from the other, there is no substance to the music and it's a direct product of mas marketing hype.

Metalcore is a disgusting attrocity to the music scene overall, not just metal.

Black Rain said:

-As I lay dying
-It dies today
-Everytime I die
-Diekotic
-The red Death

Exactly - look at the generic evidence provided here, need I say more?

P A T H E T I C

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
wahts wrong with metalcore?

ITS FUCKIN GAY

Look guys, I don't really "dig" the metal scene to the same extent that a lot of the posters on this board evidently do but what's the fucking deal with associating what you consider to be an inferior form of music (I've barely heard any bands that fit the general criteria for "metalcore" save for Trivium, Killswitch Engage and *vomits* Raging Speedhorn) with a sexual orientation?

You're not exactly macho for listening to more traditional forms of metal. It's only fair to bear in mind that the extreme metal scene as we know it today wouldn't exist without the speed and thrash metal of the 1980's, which itself wouldn't have come about without hardcore-punk influenced bands such as Metallica, Motorhead and Slayer. For me, the only time since then that hardcore punk and metal have become appropriate bedfellows (no pun intended) were in the relatively metallic leanings of late Black Flag and early Sick of it All in the latter years of that decade and I find the aforementioned "metalcore" bands to be just as insipid as the likes of Slipknot but what specifically makes it "gay"?

You mean "gay" compared to the "women aren't good enough to give us hard-on" dogma with regards to female inclusiveness extreme metal scene? The androgynous squealing of Immortal and Emperor and their penchant for white foundation make-up? The homoerotic imagery of Venomn? The genre's staunch, ideological opposition to mainstream morality that I should have hoped would draw in a relatively enlightened fan base? Well who am I kidding? When are metal fans going to learn to drop this kind of peurile, neanderthallic, boneheaded machismo?

^ hahahhaa

you sound like every other emo-looking fuck who feels they need to defend their precious trends and fashion.

please die.

Revolllution said:
Look guys, I don't really "dig" the metal scene to the same extent that a lot of the posters on this board evidently do but what's the fucking deal with associating what you consider to be an inferior form of music (I've barely heard any bands that fit the general criteria for "metalcore" save for Trivium, Killswitch Engage and *vomits* Raging Speedhorn) with a sexual orientation?

You're not exactly macho for listening to more traditional forms of metal. It's only fair to bear in mind that the extreme metal scene as we know it today wouldn't exist without the speed and thrash metal of the 1980's, which itself wouldn't have come about without hardcore-punk influenced bands such as Metallica, Motorhead and Slayer. For me, the only time since then that hardcore punk and metal have become appropriate bedfellows (no pun intended) were in the relatively metallic leanings of late Black Flag and early Sick of it All in the latter years of that decade and I find the aforementioned "metalcore" bands to be just as insipid as the likes of Slipknot but what specifically makes it "gay"?

You mean "gay" compared to the "women aren't good enough to give us hard-on" dogma with regards to female inclusiveness extreme metal scene? The androgynous squealing of Immortal and Emperor and their penchant for white foundation make-up? The homoerotic imagery of Venomn? The genre's staunch, ideological opposition to mainstream morality that I should have hoped would draw in a relatively enlightened fan base? Well who am I kidding? When are metal fans going to learn to drop this kind of peurile, neanderthallic, boneheaded machismo?

I bet you cut yourself at night and cry about it!

/\ Ha!

Anyhow, how could have I forgotten to shit on Every Time I Die in my initial post?! I cannot believe the respect they get! It's commanding! It's something I've never understood since the first time I heard their broadcasted filth. In all honesty, I don't see how anyone could find it appealing.

LadyValerie, I agree with everything you've said here - Nile indeed does kick ass :headbang:

Revolllution said:

Alright, thats a fair, seriously written post, so I will also write one.

Consider the following, especially to those of us who are older (no offence to the younger people here, but some of you may also have noticed this):

Since the death of Kurt Cobain in back in 1994, rock based music, inclusive of (to a lesser extent) metal (which I think was effected by the following LAST) has been overcome with a lack of pioneers.

The alternative scene is DEAD, nothing under the label alternative really exists (and I refer to the music, not the record labels).

Band after band have attrociously copied one another, emulating their peers and influences shamelessly to the point of plagiarism in an effort to make the leftism of the 90s become trendy.

They have succeeded.

Their emulation has ceased to be an influence, but rather ingredients to a FORMULA of sales protection. The glory of music in the 90s and decades prior, be it metal, house or skatepunk has become the a mish-mash of music, simply to be called DILUTION.

The theory of evolvement now is to remix, to copy, to remaster or re-release. The same is clearly evident in films from America.

Musical, theoretical, lyrical technicality and brilliance are things which in the public eye, have ceased to exist. For the most part, the youth of today know nothing of bands which might release music based on mythology or nature as we know it.

From a mainstream perspective music follows fashion. However the fashion now is simply to bring back what was done before, but with a modern twist, or, with a modern REMIX.

Thus, we come to musical examples such as metalcore: a by-product and direct result of all of the above, an attrocious worthless pile of shit steaming on the grass, waiting to polute potential musical minds of millions of kids around the world into nothing but blind sheep awaiting acceptance into the pathetic masses of a glutonous public obsessed with stardom and vanity.

Kids will rarely know the brilliance of Mudhoney, the politics of Public Enemy or NWA, the breathtaking work of Soul II Soul, Black Box or FSOL, the bloodied Viking seas of Bathory, the black depths of Burzum, the searing heat of Egypt in Iron Maiden's Powerslave or the industrialised cold war in Megadeth. The soul of music itself is dead.

Listeners are now subject to samples, snippets, materialistic wealth, shallow teenaged binge drinking and fucking as subject matter, effectively cutting out the ponderous nature of many musically-minded people out there who really want to learn for knowledge.

Despite the above, there are now a minority, a group of people who do stay under the surface seeking and creating new music and pushing boundaries and we are the lucky ones to get to experience this.

Everything comes full circle, the Epitaph dominated charts will come to an end as dance music already has (live music in Australia right now is making a massive comeback and many nightclubs are either closing to changing to accomodate the change). For now, we can only wait in earnest to have the end of this diluted patheticism come to an end and real music, regardless of genre comes back, where artists have a BRAIN.

Great reply The Hubster... Your observations are exactly what i think... Since the mid 90, nothing really interesting and long lasting has emerged from the musical scene. A lot of one-hit superstars who die the next years (like all the trends or so) and nothing to stay.