Whats the deal with Metalcore?

There's some good metalcore out there. Shadows Fall, Caliban, Darkest Hour, Lamb of God, All that Remains, A Life Once Lost, Himsa, Dead to Fall, Heaven Shall Burn, Unearth, Shai Hulud, Winter Solstice, Skycamefalling, God Forbid, Summers End, All Shall Perish, Trivium, BTBAM, Chimaira, Ed Gein, Glass Casket, Martyr AD, Paria, Shattered Realm.

Yeah, I could go on and on.

Powers said:
Haven't listened to Fall Out Boy. I've been told they're good just haven't gotten round to listening to them yet.

spare yourself the torment and go straight to killing yourself. They're fuckign horrid.

benz925 said:
yeah black metal especially is getting tiresome - like cradle of filth i got bored of pretty quick. same with loads of metal...and what people say is punk is completely different to how it used to be...even hardcore and screamo stuff i think is closer to pop than punk!i!i!

Cradle of Filth is Gothic Metal. For the life of me I don't know how people can think they're anything but Gothic Metal.

would Dark Tranquility be considered metal core?? I get confused at all these different genres that metal gets mashed into. I am not a fan of norma jean or much of meshuggah's old stuff, but I used to listen to a lot of speed punk/hardcore and Dark Tranquility sounds exactly like it. If you wanna listen to something that makes u wanna thrash around alot listen to DT cause they are friggin sweet!

AFairJudgement0 said:
would Dark Tranquility be considered metal core?? I get confused at all these different genres that metal gets mashed into. I am not a fan of norma jean or much of meshuggah's old stuff, but I used to listen to a lot of speed punk/hardcore and Dark Tranquility sounds exactly like it. If you wanna listen to something that makes u wanna thrash around alot listen to DT cause they are friggin sweet!
You need slapped. Dark Tranquillity are one of the pioneers of the Melodic Death sound which most Metalcore bands try to imitate but can't pull it off as well. And as for DT sounding like speed punk I have no idea where you got that.

Dark Tranquillity metalcore... Ok tell me... You are Drunk?... DT is Melodic Death Metal... Old School... Just listen Damage Done (The whole Album!)... damn it... I can't believe it, DT metalcore... hahahaha

And Cradle Of Filth is one of the worst bands ever, the singer sounds like a dying rat...

BastardSonOfGod said:
Dark Tranquillity metalcore... Ok tell me... You are Drunk?... DT is Melodic Death Metal... Old School... Just listen Damage Done (The whole Album!)... damn it... I can't believe it, DT metalcore... hahahaha

And Cradle Of Filth is one of the worst bands ever, the singer sounds like a dying rat...

Damage Done - my personal favorite :headbang:

Damage Done isn't a good representation of DT. If anything from DT's catlogue would be considered Metalcore, it'd be that album. Although its miles away from being remotely close to Metalcore. I'd go with The Gallery. Their best by far.

Under_the_Weeping_Moon said:
Damage Done isn't a good representation of DT. If anything from DT's catlogue would be considered Metalcore, it'd be that album. Although its miles away from being remotely close to Metalcore. I'd go with The Gallery. Their best by far.

Damage done represent the return of the Old Dark Tranquillity... And I think that The gallery is an awesome cd but doesn't represent the actual sound of DT, Damage Done can sound as old school as the gallery and in the same time you can hear the new sounds, more fresh and atmospheric

And my favourites anyway are "Damage Done" and "The Mind's I"

But Skydancer doesn't represents the whole DT sound... And I think that the classic sound of DT isn't Skydancer, is The Gallery and The Mind's I, Damage Done have a lot of elements of those albums plus the new sounds (Proyector and Haven)