whats the difference between thrash and speed metal?

Isn't Kreator teutonic thrash metal?

I think of teutonic thrash metal as a a different sub genre of heavy metal that traditional thrash metal.
It is basically speed metal with thrash metal vocals and lyrics.

Also, how is Forever Ripping Fast by Deathhammer?

Isn't Kreator teutonic thrash metal?

I think of teutonic thrash metal as a a different sub genre of heavy metal that traditional thrash metal.
It is basically speed metal with thrash metal vocals and lyrics.

Also, how is Forever Ripping Fast by Deathhammer?

Yeah they are, but German Thrash (teutonic) as a whole didn't suit my need, because Kreator's second and third albums featured lots of U.S. elements.

Forever Ripping Fast fucking rules, besides the actual EP it comes with all their demo and split material too, it's essentially a compilation (unless you got the original EP and not the reissue)

Metallica's Master of Puppets is Speed Metal?

...... Okay, well to me the best way to distinguish between Speed Metal and Thrash Metal is to listen to Agent Steel's Skeptics Apocalypse and then listen to Exodus' Bonded By Blood, if you can't tell the difference after that you're retarded.

Essentially, Speed Metal is Heavy Metal with a huge emphasis on playing fast, Thrash Metal thrashes around and often chugs.

The whole "speed metal is heavy metal played fast" is bullshit. Virtually no trad metal bands wrote songs that sound like Agents of Steel or Evil Eye played slow; the lack of palm-muting or cranking one note on the second-from-bottom string may set them aside slightly from thrash, but rhythmically it's much closer than anything in trad metal. Then there's the other side, good ole the Iron Maiden double-standard, the people that will say a song like Children of the Sun is speed metal but scoff at Phantom of the Opera, Transylvania, The Prisoner, Back in the Village, etc being labeled the same when they're just about as fast. You know, like the same people that will call Crystal Logic a power metal album but not Powerslave. At most, "speed metal" is a type of song that a lot of heavy and thrash metal bands played in the 80s.

EDIT: Also, Endless Pain takes blatantly after the Bay Area. If anything Pleasure to Kill is Kreator's most distinctly/uniquely German album.

The whole "speed metal is heavy metal played fast" is bullshit. Virtually no trad metal bands wrote songs that sound like Agents of Steel or Evil Eye played slow; the lack of palm-muting or cranking one note on the second-from-bottom string may set them aside slightly from thrash, but rhythmically it's much closer than anything in trad metal. Then there's the other side, good ole the Iron Maiden double-standard, the people that will say a song like Children of the Sun is speed metal but scoff at Phantom of the Opera, Transylvania, The Prisoner, Back in the Village, etc being labeled the same when they're just about as fast. You know, like the same people that will call Crystal Logic a power metal album but not Powerslave. At most, "speed metal" is a type of song that a lot of heavy and thrash metal bands played in the 80s.

I didn't say Heavy Metal played fast, because that would imply that Heavy Metal is slow, I said an emphasis on speed.
All that happened was, sticking with your Iron Maiden example, is that people heard the speedier songs by Iron Maiden and decided to craft an entire band around that, it's why the genre is so shitery to pin down.

Do people really call Crystal Logic a Power Metal album? Because that's fucking dumb.

Edit: Endless Pain is much more proto-Black Metal to me, whereas Pleasure To Kill is much more proto-Death Metal sounding.

OK, "heavy metal played faster". The rest of your post is basically my point. Speed metal saw almost no development from when it was initially just a few songs that were re-written a bit. The few cases of evolution past Maiden/Priest came directly from thrash metal anyways, e.g. the Impaler/Trapped Under Ice riff being copied many times, such as in Helloween's Ride the Sky.

Definitely agree, in fact just look at any handful of modern Speed Metal bands like Em Ruinas or Ranger and you'll instantly deduce that the style is the antithesis of development.