when did you get into metal

what year did you get into metal?

• Total voters
1987. My mate had a copy of Dream Evil on cassete. I made a copy and went to the shops with it blaring on my walkman. The lady in the shop said ''thats loud isnt it??' the rest is history

1993, to be sure, that was the time I really got in to classics like Maiden, Manowar and Helloween, had been listening bands I've heard described as metal like Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Gorky Park and on slightly embarrassing note Europe and Scorpions a couple of years before that.

Don't know must be around 1996 or sth, I think the first album which *really* got me into metal was Angra's "Holy Land". Then some Metallica, Guardian, Therion, Theatre Of Tragedy, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Anathema............. Stuff like that. But I wouldn't call myself a metalhead really. I prefer Queen to Maiden, Beatles to Metallica, Floyd to Priest and in general the metal monsters are not my favorites.....

First was Guns n' Roses (not metal at all)
then Metallica (Black), Slayer (South of Heaven), Sepultura (Beneath the Remains) and Iron Maiden (Fear of the Dark)

my bigest metal fault was that I become a Maiden fan after they played in Venezuela '92 and I didnt went :(
now there's rumors that in 5 years they are gonna stop tuoring and I am not going to see them :(

Summer of 87. I had some friends that were totally into Metallica,Iron Maiden, etc. Used to cruise around in this old Opel Kadet with dented doors in different colors. They used to tell about the gigs when I wasn't allowed to go. My parents were 'very happy' with that longhaired scum (langharig werkschuw tuig).

but I still listened (and listen) to a lot of other stuff (hiphop and new wave, etc)

In 91 me hb ( then not yet bf) introduced me to stuff like Morbid Angel, etc.

I voted 1993, but thinking about it I think it was actually 1992. Anyway, I didn't follow the common path, starting out with metallica iron maiden and stuff. Nope, I just plunged into the deep with carcass, bolt thrower, cathedral, death's bride... Also a lot of hardcore too in those days, 108, pro-pain, ringworm, battery, world's collide, pittbull....

But I always was interested in other stuff too. Now it seems that that "other" stuff is the stuff I listen to most of the time nowadays.

I was borrnn for metal. :kickass:

There was always metal albums around the house, the first ones i listened were bon jovi, queensryche, and thin lizzy. The cover of dream evil was way too evil for me to play it tho :lol:

ah maiden in '93. killer behind you muahaha

tho i was in guns too before (and nirvana) but thats not metal!

John Carvajal said:
I think alot of people (20-25 years) got into metal thanks to this album or not?

:)
i heard the black album for the first time in '95 :tickled: first i got onto ride the lightning (thx to the library) a year before. i was a bit dissapointed with the black album then when i heard it haha

1990, when I was 11. I grew up on 70's rock like Led Zep, Deep Purple, etc thanks to my parents' record collection, then by the time I was 11 I was into Metallica etc. and 3 years after that I discovered Anathema and have been a fan ever since.

1991 with Megadeth and AC/DC like...but I grew up listening to glam shit like Ratt and Poison, eheh.

ratt_stall.jpg