When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

I don't really care enough to express a further opinion. It's not like it's a huge change anyway :lol:

A tad off topic(actually very),But does anyone know where someone like myself could find some tabs4 arcturus's "sideshow symphoines" album?

I don't think that this forum is run too tight, I don't censor stuff in general. I only delete when there is obvious spam or a big redundancy of one type of topic. We welcome radical opinions, but I must say that there are limits, if someone wants to express their racist views or fundamental christian beliefs, I suggest that it be expressed elsewhere, the latter I will only delete but the former I will report ( = ban). Bashing of other forum people will not be permitted either. I believe in freedom of expression, but as I said, there are limits. Your opinions expressed here does have an effect on what Borknagar ends up looking like, since this is the official forum of the band. The internet isn't that far off from what goes on in "real life", and what you feel you shouldn't say in public in "real life" you probably shouldn't say on the internet, and most definitively not here on the Borknagar forum. But I believe that most of the regulars here knows these things, and moderate their own expressions, for which I am glad.

when i say radical opinions, i'm talking about musical opinions. To some fans, the slightest disagreement about an album or song is radical, because they are so biased. It usually happens on discussion boards for more mainstream groups, like Opeth. I like the Borknagar forums for the most part, and I'm glad its not too "tight". I get my questions answered by some of the band members, and if not them, a forum member. :)

Oh and for the record, good to hear the news about you rejoining the band.

Can't say anyone is biased on here because of the tight community. Sure I would defend most of Cornelius' work because of my rather creepy admiration of him, same for the Vortex fanboys on here, but again that's just their personal taste and has nothing to do with who they are friends with on these boards.

I don't think that this forum is run too tight, I don't censor stuff in general. I only delete when there is obvious spam or a big redundancy of one type of topic. We welcome radical opinions, but I must say that there are limits, if someone wants to express their racist views or fundamental christian beliefs, I suggest that it be expressed elsewhere, the latter I will only delete but the former I will report ( = ban). Bashing of other forum people will not be permitted either. I believe in freedom of expression, but as I said, there are limits. Your opinions expressed here does have an effect on what Borknagar ends up looking like, since this is the official forum of the band. The internet isn't that far off from what goes on in "real life", and what you feel you shouldn't say in public in "real life" you probably shouldn't say on the internet, and most definitively not here on the Borknagar forum. But I believe that most of the regulars here knows these things, and moderate their own expressions, for which I am glad.

I don't think you should have to burden yourself with moderating this forum. You ought to appoint someone to take that responsibility. Not to undermine your authority, but such powers ought to be delegated to people that aren't band members.

I don't think you should have to burden yourself with moderating this forum. You ought to appoint someone to take that responsibility. Not to undermine your authority, but such powers ought to be delegated to people that aren't band members.

he probably enjoys being a moderator. and really how much of a burden is moderating a forum, its not rocket science.

It's only burdensome when the posters are troublesome. Since band members regularly post here, it just goes a long, long way to keeping the peace. Forum posters don't pay attention to each other as much when band members are interacting with them.

This forum is pretty civil, in general. Forums like, say, the DT or Opeth forum get sycophantic and sometimes hostile because I don't think any of the band members even have UM accounts, much less post.

I see what you did there :p I applaud your effort.

Oh well I guess that if Tyr wants to moderate he can, if he doesn't want to I'm sure he'll quit :rolleyes: .

I like that Asgeir and Tyr post quite regularly, it makes me/the forum feel special and unique :) .

And congrats for rejoining the band Tyr (though you were never really gone, were you? :p ).

Forums like, say, the DT or Opeth forum get sycophantic and sometimes hostile because I don't think any of the band members even have UM accounts, much less post.

Please, don't mention the DT forum, it brings back bad memories to me :cry: .

The DT forum is quite the elitist one, there was a lot of hypocritical racism going one, I'm glad I cancelled my other account and never came back. I admit I was very immature in certain moments, and I grew up the hard way (quite a few times...). I think that when a moderator of a forum admits that he is being racist and doesn't care (I guess because he's the mod) is a sign of trouble.

I have really high expectations for this forum, I dearly hope people are more civilized here. It seems we/they are, i've only being insulted once :rolleyes:, but I basically decided to ignore said comment :rolleyes: :lol: .

Anyway, cheers (Brit. style :) ) to everyone! Respect! :headbang: *bling bling ba da bling*

I see what you did there :p I applaud your effort.

I just don't like it when band members have to come here and act all condescending to us. It's embarrassing when our idols have to put up with childish behavior on a forum that, as Eric said, is representative of the fanbase of this band. It's a double-edged sword if you think about it. They get embarrassed seeing us act like retards, and we are ashamed when they have to baby us themselves. We should make it our own responsibility to conduct ourselves and not waste their precious time.

And no, I'd rather not mod this forum. I don't read enough of your off-topic bullshit , let alone visit here frequently enough, whereas a moderator would be more vigilant.

On the note of "retarded" this entire subject is becoming just that. I can't even begin to explain how insulting and patronising you're being to both members of this board and members of the band (although I am not speaking for everyone else, this is just how I personally feel). This forum doesn't need strict moderating, it doesn't matter if we act like "retards" in your eyes; we don't cause any trouble that requires a lot of moderation. Tyr does a great job as it is, and you fail to remember he's just another guy in the world as well as the bassist in the band, he's not babysitting us and I don't have the right to say he's not embarrassed by us, but I sure hope not; as I find the Borknagar's fanbase to be one of the more mature and fun fanbases on the internet.

If he or any of the band members ever have an issue with the way we're acting on here, they'll make a change. As Tyr himself already said, he'll take action against anything that's unacceptable.

Anyway, enough of this, me being serious is not fun and I can't be bothered with arguments now.
I'm off to Wales for a week on Saturday, gotta go pack everything now. Can't wait <3
Small vacation that I need desperately.