When you're feeling down...

What do you do to help yourself get out of the dumps? How do you cure yourself of the blues? etc.

Jacking off. Easiest, cheapest, safest way of changing your state of mind. Running comes second.

I will enjoy a nice glass of something, and then listen to some music. I feel like it's best to explore feelings rather than try to cover them up and make them go away. Alcohol just enhances the mood you're in, whether good or bad. Genevieve is one of my favorite albums when I'm feeling despondent. I like to sink so far that sadness just gets replaced with agitation and anger. Than the anger subsides into indifference, which warps into sadness again. I pretty much move through these three modes all the time.

:err: ...I think I'll just stick with escaping the feelings.

I am always in the dumps, and there is no cure. I can only separate myself from this shitty society as much as possible. I'd say writing music and books is what keeps me focused on finding meaning; but while solitude has many good points, it is not a natural human state; but then, nothing people do is natural anymore.

You sound pretty cool. I know it can be nearly impossible to find people who actually think for themselves, and who don't spend all their time worshiping pleasure/entertainment. I consider myself very fortunate to know a small handful of people who are interesting to talk to, and who do creative stuff in their spare time. Still, I'd say that even a boring social life is better than none.

Death_Delirium: I can somewhat relate to that. Maybe it's because the country I live in has some of the shittiest people you can imagine. Irresponsible, manipulative, greedy, deceitful, ignorant,impatient, intolerant and hateful. All that and more.It seems like all the bad traits that a person can possess, have been manifested in these people.
Whenever someone speaks ill of Jews I always think to myself: they must've lived/been in/to Israel. You don't know how bad people can be until you've lived here.

Isn't Israel supposed to be the least ignorant, intolerant, and hateful country in the Middle East? I guess that's still not saying much considering who your neighbors are.

I wish I did:)

I drank 12 beers yesterday into the night and still have not/can't sleep. Besides this and my job and mentally/psychically exausted and still can't sleep and had thursday and today off and still have not sleept and have to go back in tomorrow until having thursday off and maybe friday. Nothing is worse than feeling mentally and psychically ill and not even being able to crash and just feeling it. I have no sleeping pills and regardless they actually do nothing.

Sounds like you need fewer drugs in your life.

Smashing stuff is always good when feeling shite.

Musically though, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Mogwai, Isis etc are good and dirge-like.

I'm not a douchebag emo so I don't tend to "feel down" very often. I just think about my problems and how to solve them and then fucking get over it.

Oh yeah same here. Actually when any negative thought enters my mind, I go and stab an emo to death. Cheers me right up quick smart.

Isn't Israel supposed to be the least ignorant, intolerant, and hateful country in the Middle East? I guess that's still not saying much considering who your neighbors are.

We're very much a forward-thinking Westernized country but only in the technology and military aspects. Everything else simply couldn't be worse. Many people I know, who immigrated from the US and Europe to Israel simply couldn't endure living here for more than a few months and they were glad to return whence they came from. Nah, this place only seems cool in tourism pamphlets.

We're very much a forward-thinking Westernized country but only in the technology and military aspects. Everything else simply couldn't be worse. Many people I know, who immigrated from the US and Europe to Israel simply couldn't endure living here for more than a few months and they were glad to return whence they came from. Nah, this place only seems cool in tourism pamphlets.

Gotcha.

So, do you plan to move out of there when you have the money/time/lack of obligations?

Gotcha.

So, do you plan to move out of there when you have the money/time/lack of obligations?
I'd love to when I save up enough money to get settled somewhere in Europe perhaps. Europe is the best, no contenders! One thing that's getting in my way though is my fear of making fundamental changes in my life. It has always been the same with me throughout my life-I'd stick to a routine and be happy with it, no matter how unsatisfying it really is. Each drastic change-moving to another city, apartment, changing jobs is a new crisis for me, and although many people dread changes, I'm really bad at dealing with them.

i go sit on in one of the trees in my backyard and smoke a cig

or write music

When down try and get beer and get more down and than go to the end of this gravel road and smoke cigs. ha

I was pretty fucked yesterday on a 12 pack and smoking was nice.

51MVMJRQJEL._AA240_.jpg
+
41ZBWPQC60L._AA240_.jpg
+
Judas%20Priest%20-%20Painkiller.jpg
+
vadrei.jpg

3 of those bands suck horribly. Guess which one isn't horrible.