When's the next wave of thrash metal gonna come???

Iron Chef Sakai

New Metal Member
Jan 23, 2007
Kitchen Stadium
The first wave was your...
-Metallica
-Megadeth
-Slayer
-Exodus
-Anthrax
-Testament
-Overkill
-Death Angel
and so on

But this wave is getting old and making less & less albums, so I ask when do you think the next wave will come? is it here now? or even more importantly, will there ever be another wave to begin with?

any comments?

The only good new Thrash bands are the ones who when you listen to them, you can tell they listen to all sorts of music through interesting variations in the riffwork and a more organic approach to songwriting. Sauron (Michigan) and Witchtrap (Colombia) exemplify this to a tee. The new legions of pimply-faced, fashion-themed nuclear assault/exumer ripoffs do not.

morgana lefay is some damn good thrash/power
god forbid is an alright melo thrash/metalcore band - they would be alot better without the metalcore elements

I don't think you're ever going to see another collective movement of thrash bands

'get in our way and we're going to take your life
kick in your face and rape and murder your wife
plunder your town your homes they'll burn to the ground
you won't hear a sound until my knife's in your back
the exodus attack"

I don't think there will be any significant new PURE thrash bands. I think the thrash bands to come will be blackened thrash or deaththrash, and hence, not pure thrash. And even worse, some bands may combine thrash and METALCORE.

Oh. Well, yes I suppose I do insult those who deserve it. I'm not the nicest guy ever (like Deron ;)), but whatever. Back on topic.