When's the next wave of thrash metal gonna come???

I'd rather be stabbed in the ears with a butter knife than listen to the noise that Sauron make. "Thrash Assault" honestly sounds like it was recorded on a tape through a 'boombox' made in 1982.

Hypnosia, Drunkard, Heathen, Destruction etc. have produced some good thrash in the last 5 or 6 years.

I'd rather be stabbed in the ears with a butter knife than listen to the noise that Sauron make. "Thrash Assault" honestly sounds like it was recorded on a tape through a 'boombox' made in 1982.

The Sauron debut is too raw for you? It isn't even that poorly produced...considering their budget of root beer. It was the perfect production for what they were going for.

Anyway, they've recently taken in an additional guitarist, who's from the Neurosis school of wall of noise guitarparts and jarring, dissonant solos. A huge contrast to the current guitarist's melodic old rock styled leads, I hear the new stuff will be much more Norwegian sounding in that Audiopain/Aura Noir sort of way.

I hear the new stuff will be much more Norwegian sounding in that Audiopain/Aura Noir sort of way.

That's too bad I think, I like Sauron just the way they are (or maybe were by now) and there are enough norwegian thrash bands doing the norwegian thrash thing. I do like those a fair bit though.

That's too bad I think, I like Sauron just the way they are (or maybe were by now) and there are enough norwegian thrash bands doing the norwegian thrash thing. I do like those a fair bit though.

Oh, Victor's rockin' sensibilities and Doomy's US BM/DM influences will also come into play, be sure.
The new 7 inch was fucking sweet, btw.

The first wave was your...
-Metallica
-Megadeth
-Slayer
-Exodus
-Anthrax
-Testament
-Overkill
-Death Angel
and so on

But this wave is getting old and making less & less albums, so I ask when do you think the next wave will come? is it here now? or even more importantly, will there ever be another wave to begin with?

any comments?

This message here was the topic. From what I've seen so far in these past two pages was nothing but trivial bickering & off-topic talk, I'm a bit surprised I got nothing but garbage for responses; and I've yet to see an actual constructive and educated answer from the likes of anyone. I certainly have some educated opinions myself and I was certainly hoping for some perspectives with some depth but yet to see it. I'm a bit disapointed.

^ It depends on what kind of thrash you want. Right now, I am noticing a lot of crossover Black/Thrash bands popping up everywhere (actually, for a good deal now). I haven't noticed many new 'traditional thrash' acts get much attention..

Then again, I'm not that knowledgeable about the thrash scene - ask fotmb or someone.

Yeah I forgot to spell fot's name.

edit: Jean-Pierre knows his shit, ask him.