where are nevermore going?

R

ravan (not signed)

:OMG: I seriously think pat o brien was the best thing that happened to the band. With other guitarists, sorry but this band is getting all thrashy. Something they were not for a while. I used to like them as I like Meshuggah. The Nevermore drummer is incredible and he could harness his skills if he plays some offbeat shit instead of the usual thrashy beats.

TGE quickly became my favorite Nevermore CD. I never thought they would come back with something that i liked more than Politics or DNB. But they did, I think they are moving forward at high speeds. Pat O Brian was awesome, but dude... Smyth takes the cake.

what???????
c'mon guys...the band was pretty technical in the beginning now i can pic out all the timings and stuff...the drummer is probably losing it! He must be thinking '1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4...'
dont compare steve to pat man...steve is a leady but no way close to the beauty pat brings to the guitars....

I don't see a problem with it being in beat.

I'd rather they'd stay the way they are instead of turning into Meshuggah.
Not that that is possible, but yeah.

Nevermore are going places, its normally called a tour. Or sometimes, vacation.

Anyways, it was Pats choice to leave. and woo CC.

Thrashy, slow, pounding, groove, killer lyrics, killer solos, killer riffs, killer melody... yeah, they're losing it.
(sarcasm mode turned off).

My only "picking" of tGE is I thought the bass should have been up a bit. It used to pound like the kick drum. I didn't hear much of it, unless it was on it's own.

descendencyfw said:
Thrashy, slow, pounding, groove, killer lyrics, killer solos, killer riffs, killer melody... yeah, they're losing it.
(sarcasm mode turned off).

tbh I was mostly just making a statement as absurd as the OP imo

:hotjump: They are Nevermore.......period........Each CD has it's own unique sound with the underlying Nevermore groove! Warrel sounds good all the time, Each band member sounds good all the time, don't u think it would be a big bore if they sounded cookie cutter blah blah blah?

I was turned on to them in 98 and have never looked back.........they rock, PERIOD..........if u are a true fan.........there would be no negativity....

C'mon now, let's just all be loyal Nevermore fans and support our guys.....They ROCK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays my fellow Neverheads!